Jean Leloup

Air Atlanta Icelandic In Yyz?

Mon Aug 13, 2001 9:58 am

Hi!
I was spotting today in YYZ (for the first time, great fun, right near the start of 24R, or is it 23??), and I saw a 747-300 (I think), all white with a green tail, and some titles painted over rather poorly. I'm not sure but that looked like an AAI plane to me? Can anyone confirm this? Would it have been a charter or a replacement AC for AF or something?

Thanks!
Next flight.... who knows.

baldguy

RE: Air Atlanta Icelandic In Yyz?

Mon Aug 13, 2001 12:58 pm

This is a reply to a post I made about this same aircraft:

"Through the month of August, Air France will use Air Atlanta aircraft for some services to Canada.

"Here's part of Air France's notice to the Canadian Transportation Agency:

"August 3, 2001
APPLICATION by Société Air France doing business as Air France (hereinafter Air France), on behalf of itself and Flugfelagid Atlanta H/F carrying on business as Air Atlanta (hereinafter Air Atlanta) for an approval pursuant to section 60 of the Canada Transportation Act, S.C., 1996, c. 10, and section 8.2 of the Air Transportation Regulations, SOR/88-58, as amended, to permit Air France, while providing its scheduled international service between France and Canada, to use aircraft and flight crew provided by Air Atlanta, from the date of this Decision until August 31, 2001.

Air France submits that due to labour actions, it requires the ability to use alternate aircraft if its own aircraft becomes unavailable."

Another post-er said this a/c was formerly flown by Saudia in old livery, hence the green tail.