alexinwa

UA To Strike?

Mon Aug 13, 2001 4:55 pm

RUMOR

Heard this last night. Anyone else heard of it??? Why would this be??? The pilots got a contract. Is it the IAM?? Or are the pilots and IAM backing the FA's??? Heard it would happen just before Labor Day!!!
You mad Bro???

DLL10

RE: UA To Strike?

Mon Aug 13, 2001 5:16 pm

Where did you hear this ?

alexinwa

Mon Aug 13, 2001 6:01 pm

I work for a company that deals with the airport here in Seattle and it was a rumor that came from a employee at the airport.
You mad Bro???

Mon Aug 13, 2001 6:10 pm

Well, they better not do that again. I am supposed to fly LHR-ORD-FAR on UA on September 2nd. I don't really have to get stranded in ORD again.

Mon Aug 13, 2001 6:46 pm

What you heard false I do work for united and am a member of the IAM.We did take a stirke vote and it was ratified by 99% of the 22000 members who voted.However we have not been released by the NMB (national mediacton board) Which when they do release us we have a 30 day cooling off period.When that 30 days is over President BUSH!!!!! will step in and impose another 60 days.So as you can see there is still a long ways to go before we strike.Now as for the FA's They can not strike now the the us deal has feel to the waste side because they still have a few years on there contract.Now the mechanics sre in the same boat rampservice is and they were denied a vote to change Unions from IAM to AFMA.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos