AirUtopia

Best Airline Mileage Programs?

Thu Aug 16, 2001 3:46 pm

This is a complex subject as there are many possibilities and many programs - but I thought I would like to open it and touch base with everyone out there.

I belong to quite a few programs - mainly UAL and AA's programs with backups with DL.

I have found AA to have the best service or response I might add in terms of 'more money for your mileage'. Example - you can fly off peak bw Wash DC all the way to Sing RT for 40k on Cathay (AA partner) which is a great buy! In also having problems such as rerouting - AA was above par in getting me rerouted on another partner (EVA) when problems arose.

UAL is also good although I found them to have LIMITED SEATS and this was frustrating. But if you plan ahead - it is okay - just don't change your routing or you may loose your seat!

Hotel-wise, Marriott and Hilton are good - with I think Hilton offering both miles and points.

Any thoughts y'all?

Dave
Ambassadors to Aviation