Cathay Gives Free Handheld PC

Fri Aug 17, 2001 1:42 am

Cathay Pacific (Hong Kong) will give way free Compaq iPAQ handheld Pocket PCs to all business or first class passengers paying a full-fare round-trip ticket between Hong Kong and Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver, Toronto and New York from September 1 through November 15, according to Airlinersonline.

watewate

RE: Cathay Gives Free Handheld PC

Fri Aug 17, 2001 1:48 am

Considering that price for a full-fare roundtrip ticket is insanely obscene, 'giving away' iPaq isn't much of a deal. KE is doing something more reasonable- lending PDA to all FF members who fly into ICN. All you need to do is put down a refundable deposit.

BTW, iPaq is too gimmicky. The speaker on mine is busted and battery life sucks even when closing all active tasks and dimming the lights. Stay away- go with Handspring.

jabpilot

Fri Aug 17, 2001 2:00 am

Considering that price for a full-fare roundtrip ticket is insanely obscene, 'giving away' iPaq isn't much of a deal.

When I read that this morning on Airliners daily news, I thought exactly the same thing! I'm really gonna pay that fare and be excited to recieve that free gift.

Jeff

tupolev154b2

Fri Aug 17, 2001 2:37 am

Give me one for my full-fare coach ticket which should cost no less than that.