Turkish Air Service

Sun Aug 19, 2001 12:13 pm

Next week I will be flying Turkish Air ORD to IST coach. The flight will be on A340. Can anyone tell me about the standard of service?

MAH4546

RE: Turkish Air Service

Sun Aug 19, 2001 12:21 pm

Excelent. Have flown them on MIA-IST-TLV coach and TLV-IST-MIA in Y, and they are EXCELENT, in both classes. Comfortable, clean planes, top quality service. Thier slogan, which is plastered on billboards all over Miami, "Where Business is Pleasure" is 100% correct. You'll definitley enjoy it.
a.

airmale

Sun Aug 19, 2001 5:44 pm

Arent "Coach" and "Y" class the same? as in both stand for "Economy class". "Coach" is an American term whereas "Y" is the IATA code for it, and thats "Turkish Airlines" for you Smile

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Guido Latz

.....up there with the best!

LAXintl

Mon Aug 20, 2001 1:07 pm

Have flown on Turkish several times during the last few years and can say that each time I have been quite pleased with the service, especially on its intercontinental routes. Equipment is new, crews friendly and the new terminal at Istanbul is a big improvment over the much smaller and crowded old international terminal, which has been remodled and now is the domestic terminal.
Enjoy your trip.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

RJ_Delta

Tue Aug 21, 2001 10:22 am

Hi :

Better fly in Egyptair. They has an excellent service, personal tv in all classes, good audio program and great meal. The aircraft to Cairo is a Boeing 777-200 and the aircraft to Istanbul is a A320 or A321.
Egyptair leave from United States from New York Kennedy and Los Angeles- LAX. I think that Egyptair fly all days of week. The route is JFK-CAI-IST and LAX-CAI-IST.
Enjoy your trip to Turkey! Don't forget take photos of the aircraft and the airports.

RJ_Delta

ren41

Tue Aug 21, 2001 11:21 am

The new Intl. terminal at IST is the least crowded and cleanest terminal I've ever seen! (I flew on BA though)

Ren41

Ironminds

Tue Aug 21, 2001 12:08 pm

No, the aircraft will be an A340. But I've only flown THY domestically and had a very enjoyable service every time. They've definitely got their act together.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos