How Save Is Schiphol Amsterdam-Holland?

Tue Aug 21, 2001 3:23 am

Let me know everything you know about Schiphol Amsterdam (Holland)

GOT

RE: How Save Is Schiphol Amsterdam-Holland?

Tue Aug 21, 2001 3:26 am

IT's the biggest airport in Holland and they have a HUGE viewing gallery, to mension two things.

GOT
Just like birdwatching - without having to be so damned quiet!

contrails

Tue Aug 21, 2001 3:29 am

AMS is basically a very secure airport.

Police (they may be military, I couldn't tell) patrol the place inside and out, and they carry automatic weapons. There are several levels of security you must go through before boarding a flight. There is a security sweep of the boarding area prior to passengers being allowed in before a flight.

Aesthically, it's a beautiful airport. It's easy to navigate, although the first time it may seem imposing.

There is a railway station inside the terminal, with train service to all of Holland and Belgium. You can also catch a direct train to Paris and other European cities.

There are many stores, including a decent sized grocery store.

Does that help?

Flying Colors Forever!

flashmeister

Tue Aug 21, 2001 4:27 am

AMS is a terrific airport, especially for visitors who don't know Dutch  Smile (the exception being the train schedules, which aren't in English, but Central Station isn't hard to figure out).

The people are very friendly and the airport's layout makes perfect sense.

I actually spent the night at AMS before flying home, and I felt very, very safe.

ktliem@YVR

Tue Aug 21, 2001 6:18 am

Have you visited their website yet? http://www.schiphol.nl/schiphol/main/home.jsp
Schiphol can be divided into 2 areas: the public area accessible to the general public & passengers only customs area.

Once you clear customs you can walk directly to the gate or you can also spend time walking around in the duty free area. Schiphol is a very spacious and passenger friendly airport with many amenities.

At Schiphol it's easy to pass the time and if this is not enough, you can always take the train to downtown amsterdam (20 mins)  Big thumbs up

Wed Aug 22, 2001 1:22 am

More reactions please!!!

contrails

Wed Aug 22, 2001 2:40 am

Go there and find out!
Flying Colors Forever!