Cap'n Dan
Topic Author

Tower Air

Tue Aug 21, 2001 9:53 am

I realize Tower Air had possibly the worst customer service of any airline in U.S. history, but does anyone know anything about their maintenance practices? Were they unsafe? Also, I hear they had a seperate terminal at JFK. How did that work?

LOT767-300ER

RE: Tower Air

Tue Aug 21, 2001 10:29 am

ooo Tower Air.....you shouldnt have even started this thread........they blow!

Super Em

Tue Aug 21, 2001 10:40 am

I had my A/P mechanics teacher tell me stories of what the maintenace crew used to do or not do.And it is a good thing that they are out of business.

oflove13

Tue Aug 21, 2001 11:52 am

being that i am a former flight attendat at tower i take offence to the service comment, there ground service might of sucked but the f/a's saved there asses alot more then that shit head nacatomi gave us credit for. WE always had delays many of them were mecinical. but when do u expect when they use 74s for miami turns.
they had alot of problems but the only insident they had was when they slid off and icy runway ( if i remember correctly JB did the same thing last year off the same one )
they did a lot of DODs so there maintenance had to up to par on those planes before those flights go any where they went over ever nut and bolt and if one is out they wouldnt let the flight go.
there termninal was off by the cargo area's infront of the evergreen one. They had there own terminal and hanger. the Terminal was a POS it was leaking and needs alot of work. I think they had 4 gates, and 2 baggage areas
Of all the airlines that towers closing helped i think Jet blue should say a big thank you. They came in as tower went out and took our Ft.laud and Cali flights, and might be taking up our san juan, talk about perfect timing.
The people over at Jet Blue should

oflove13

Tue Aug 21, 2001 11:52 am

being that i am a former flight attendat at tower i take offence to the service comment, there ground service might of sucked but the f/a's saved there asses alot more then that shit head nacatomi gave us credit for. WE always had delays many of them were mecinical. but when do u expect when they use 74s for miami turns.
they had alot of problems but the only insident they had was when they slid off and icy runway ( if i remember correctly JB did the same thing last year off the same one )
they did a lot of DODs so there maintenance had to up to par on those planes before those flights go any where they went over ever nut and bolt and if one is out they wouldnt let the flight go.
there termninal was off by the cargo area's infront of the evergreen one. They had there own terminal and hanger. the Terminal was a POS it was leaking and needs alot of work. I think they had 4 gates, and 2 baggage areas
Of all the airlines that towers closing helped i think Jet blue should say a big thank you. They came in as tower went out and took our Ft.laud and Cali flights, and might be taking up our san juan, talk about perfect timing.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos