Internships?

Tue Aug 21, 2001 10:13 am

Has anyone ever done one of those internships for Notrhwest, Delta or some other an airline?

http://www.nwa.com/corpinfo/career/intern.shtml
http://www.delta.com/inside/employment/intern_coop/index.jsp

FlyBoeing

RE: Internships?

Tue Aug 21, 2001 10:43 am

I don't know but I sent my resume to the Continental Campus Recruiting address. Thanks for the heads up!

eta unknown

Fri Aug 31, 2001 11:53 pm

There's probably no point pursuing an internship with an airline- they're firing, not hiring.
In the case of NW- their site says MSP is affordable. Well, that's a half-truth: it used to be. Plus, there's the added inconvenience of actually having to live in MSP (not the most cosmopolitan of cities)- the land of the Midwest deep-fried cheese curd.

cv640

Sat Sep 01, 2001 12:45 am

I did one at AA, was a lot of fun, got to see a lot and learna ton. On ther other hand, it is unpaid, so was quite expensive, but at least helped point me in the right direction and got to meet a ton of great guys.

Purdue Arrow

Sat Sep 01, 2001 9:30 am

I spent a semester (January-May 2001) doing a Flight Operations internship at Delta. It was a wonderful experience, and I met a lot of really great people. Unlike other airlines, Delta pays interns, so it was also affordable.

Sun Sep 02, 2001 6:08 am

hey purdue arrow,

what kind of things did you do at your job?

Purdue Arrow

Sun Sep 02, 2001 3:56 pm

During my internship I got to do a lot of cool things. The best for me was the jumpseating... I had unlimited domestic jumpseat benefits on Delta, and I got to take 3 internation trips (San Jose, Costa Rica, Istanbul, and Rome). I also did a lot of stuff at the office. Some of it was just office work, which is what you find at most internships (typing, xeroxing, etc.), but some of it was really interesting. For example, I helped in revising the IOE guides for the 727 and 737-800, I designed informational handouts on turbulence for 7ER crews, and I designed an information sheet for pilots flying to South America. Above all, I met people... I had several meetings during the semester with Captain Dave Bushy, Senior Vice President of Flight Operations, and I met and spent time with several of the employees in the pilot hiring department, including the pilot interviewers. Overall, I consider it a pretty invaluable experience, and I would highly reccommend it. It's pretty selective, though - there were 16 interns when I was there, and their budget now allows only 7. Students in the FlightOps intern program also have to come from one of the participating schools, which include Purdue, ERAU, UND, Western Michigan, and a few others.