Live A/c Tracking On The Web!

Fri Aug 24, 2001 11:05 pm

Can anyone tell me the website where you can do this? I used it a couple of times but have lost it :-( For those who dont know, you can type in a flight number and it shows you where the flight is, the a/c type, speed etc, quite like a moving map on board!

Thanks for any help

Rob

RE: Live A/c Tracking On The Web!

Fri Aug 24, 2001 11:32 pm

Can you see it move? I know of a "still-map" for any airline at the American Airlines Website (www.aa.com). Then click on "Gates and Times Information." For me this is very useful.

Tell me if this helps!

bkkair

Fri Aug 24, 2001 11:39 pm

go to www.trip.com and go to flight tracking.

Fri Aug 24, 2001 11:59 pm

Thanks FlyingAirlines! Its not the one i'm thinking of (which does move) but i'll enjoy looking anyway  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Mr.BA

Sat Aug 25, 2001 12:17 am

Does anyone have a flight tracking website that shows flights not only in the US?

Thanks

alvin
Boeing747 万岁!

Sat Aug 25, 2001 12:18 am

http://www.fboweb.com/20/

This is one of the better ones. It only costs $9.95 a month unlimited usage. Tracks ALL IFR aircraft, including Bizjets etc.. No military of course.

Cant beat the unlimited part of it.

It helps me out a lot.

Big thumbs up

Sat Aug 25, 2001 12:23 am

BAsteward,

You are welcome. I did not know you could have one that is moving. You would need a fast internet conenction.

Sat Aug 25, 2001 12:27 am

evermind the fboweb, its not available for Europe yet.

sleekjet

Sat Aug 25, 2001 12:31 am

Someday, we will all have access to a next generation flight tracker that will have all the bells and whistles: showing a/c vectoring around real-time radar images of storms and the like. I can't wait.
II Cor. 4:17-18

sharpnfuzzy

Sat Aug 25, 2001 7:42 am

"Someday, we will all have access to a next generation flight tracker that will have all the bells and whistles: showing a/c vectoring around real-time radar images of storms and the like. I can't wait."

It's available sooner than you think. You can go to http://www.flytecomm.com/products/prod.html and download FlyteTrax 2001 (20mb). With this progaram you can track ANY flight originating or ending in the US or Canada in REAL TIME. Right now I'm looking at the program and it is tracking 5836 flights. And yes it does have real-time radar images of storms, and also satellite images of cloud cover, I use it just to check the weather in my area... ha ha. Anyway it's a great program as you can filter all the flights and show flights by airline, departure airport, arrival airport, and aircraft type. You can also see an individual flight's cleared flight path, as well as jet-ways and air sectors. Anyway you should have a good internet connection as it updates about every minute. Unfortunately for now it's only a 15 day trial... but it's still worth it.

Oh yeah you can also use their WebTrax, but the flight doesn't move, like in the program.

snf

ryu2

Sat Aug 25, 2001 8:06 am

Check this out!

http://live.airportnetwork.com/sfo/

Shows a nearly live radar image of the Bay Area where you can see arrivals and departures for all the Bay Area airports flying about, and displays altitude and airspeed.

Unfortunately, it doesn't display airlines or flight numbers, though.

airbus380

Sat Aug 25, 2001 9:55 am

sharpnfuzzy

Sat Aug 25, 2001 11:41 am

'Does anyone have a flight tracking website that shows flights not only in the US? '

FlyteTrax 2001 will track aircraft overseas as long as the flight departs or arrives in the US or Canada..... same with WebTrax

Airbus 380: Most of the better online trackers are actually WebTrax from FlyteComm, different sites just link to it, like the one you gave.

snf

Sat Aug 25, 2001 12:10 pm

This site tracks all the flights to/from North America, and intra-North America flight. Some flights may not be available though.