United_fan

FedEx Heavy @ ROC

Sun Aug 26, 2001 3:22 am

To my surprise,Fed EX has an A300-600F @ ROC today (25th) I have never seen Fed have anything other than a 721 or 722 !

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Jason Knutson

Champagne For My Real Friends,and Real Pain For My Sham Friends

chrisnh

RE: FedEx Heavy @ ROC

Sun Aug 26, 2001 5:30 am

They are using a pair of daily A310s up here in Manchester (NH). Supposedly there is going to be a shift of some flights from BOS up here as well, esp. once our main runway goes to 9000+ feet. But we've had a FedEx DC-10 in here at least once before. Also, UPS uses a A300-600 and a 757 in here every day. For a long time it was a 767-300 and a 757, until they decided to use the 763's on Pacific routes.

aio86

Sun Aug 26, 2001 6:30 am

Fed-ex supplies Burbank (BUR) with its only widebody a/c, an A-300. I guess all those little airports need to thank Fed Ex for supplying some variety, without Fed-Ex, the most interesting thing a Burbank might be the ocdcasional Shamu on Southwest.

-aio86

DCA-ROCguy

Sun Aug 26, 2001 6:40 am

It's always music to my ears to hear that a heavy is visiting my hometown. ROC has the strongest air-cargo traffic of any Upstate airport, and as you know United Fan we get our share of DC-8-71's. Most likely this A300 is a substitution, but if they continue please keep us posted.

I've seen C-5's at ROC several times when I've been home, the NY ANG flies them in now and then. Ten years ago I saw an Air Force KC-10 parked at the USAirports cargo complex. Do you ever see these at ROC, United Fan?

Again, please let us know if the A300 becomes a regular. Thanks for the report!

Jim
Need a new airline paint scheme? Better call Saul! (Bass that is)

United_fan

RE: DCA-ROCguy

Sun Aug 26, 2001 7:07 am

I posteed this with you in mind! I knew you'de respond. The C5 arrived Thurs nite for the airshow along with a C141 Starlifter and two KC-135's (707's). As you know wide-bodies are EXTREMELY rare,here! When I saw Fed's A300 from 390 I almost wrecked! The last time I saw a non-military heavy here was 2 Christmas' ago when Kitty Hawk's L1011F was here.
I never saw a KC-10 here,though. I'll keep ya posted,though.
Champagne For My Real Friends,and Real Pain For My Sham Friends

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos