Top Gun
Topic Author

What Acronym's Really Mean.

Fri Jun 25, 1999 2:07 pm

This is just responding to Cedarjet's post under "Female pilots." You said something about a First Officer sueing Airtours because a Capt wasn't being a perfect gentleman to her. You said he touched while she was PIC (pilot in command). I don't think you understand what that means. PIC means that you are responsible for the aircraft and the contents inside it. Not that you are the one flying the plane at a specific point of time. A captain is always PIC and the F/O is always SIC. There are many other misguiding terms but I can't think of any right now to explain them. If any one wants to ask a questions post it and I'm sure someone will answer it, correctly ON THE FIRST RESPONSE. It's a pet peeve of mine when some one answer's with a wrong response. Happy flying.

RE: What Acronym's Really Mean.

Fri Jun 25, 1999 2:40 pm

That's correct. The person in the left seat/captain is allways the PIC. The only exception to this that I can think of is the USAF B-2, where the mission comander in the right seat is the PIC.

cedarjet

RE: What Acronym's Really Mean.

Fri Jun 25, 1999 8:20 pm

Sorry, I meant P1 actually. You know EROPS doesn't stand for Extended-Range Ops, but Engines Running Or Passenegrs Swimming, don't you? And those other old chessnuts: BOAC - Better On A Camel / Bend Over Again Christine BEA - Back Every Afternoon TWA - Try Walking Across and...and...oh my god, my memory has just failed and I can't remember the rest. If I do I'll add them to this post. There's loads of others out there, please jolt my memory.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

Cedarjet

Sat Jun 26, 1999 3:08 pm

LOL! Thats Gold!