Are You Proud Of Your Country Airlines

Tue Aug 28, 2001 9:01 pm

Are you proud of your country airlines?

Yes! Singapore Airlines.
Thanks
Trans element

RE: Are You Proud Of Your Country Airlines

Tue Aug 28, 2001 9:55 pm

Even though I am now living in United States I love to fly my country India's airline Air India. I am flying Air India very often and am receiving many good services. Two times I have flown them from Delhi to Chicago and one time from London to Chicago.

SInGAPORE_AIR

Tue Aug 28, 2001 9:59 pm

I am proud of our national carrier, Virgin Atlantic, and bmi british midland. The former offers great and superior service and is customer orientated. It has also shown at the OAG Awards, that 31" pitch does not detract from good IFE and service.

bmi: For perserverence in getting LHR slots and open skies, and for a modern fleet with good food and business class.
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

cedarjet

Tue Aug 28, 2001 11:17 pm

Singapore_Air has proved the point I came here to make: "I am proud of our national carrier, Virgin Atlantic, and bmi british midland". People HATE their flag-carriers (in this case of course it's BA). When I was a travel agent I used to try to sell Olympic to Greeks, PIA to Pakistanis, Alitalia to Italians and BA to the locals. And was always met by a barrage of compaints. Now, I've flown OA to Australia twice, and found them to be excellent both times. They are at least as good as A. N. Other Airline. I must put myself in this group as well, I'm Australian and I don't rate Qantas very highly - the one airline in the world that should have PTV (given the average stage length) and I think Air Rwanda got there before them, plus overfamiliar cabin crew (plopping down next to you, "Geez mate, where ya goin? Oh strewth, there's a great restaurant there, and the sheilas...") and not enough good destinations (whither AMS, ZRH, ATH, BEY, BAH?). But non-Australians seem to think they're great.

It doesn't make sense, the only nationality that should objectively be ashamed of their own national airline/s are Americans. The only nationality I can think of that ARE proud of their national airline are the Lebanese, but MEA were more than just an airline during the war, they were the country's only link to the outside world and that link was maintained at considerable sacrifice (for months employees and crews stayed at the terminal, which was christened the Cedarjet Hotel; pilots used to fly the planes empty to Cyprus to get fuel and bring it back to fill up the other aircraft; etc etc.) Luckily BA have never had to do that and til they do I don't think they'll occupy much space in the UK's affections.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

Zander

Tue Aug 28, 2001 11:24 pm

Yes, I am very proud of my "national" airline if I can say so about them - Scandinavian Airline System. Especially now when they have A330/340s.

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Scandpix

Click for large version

Photo © Scandpix

Click for large version

Photo © Scandpix

Click for large version

Photo © Scandpix

Click for large version

Photo © Scandpix

Click for large version

Photo © Scandpix

Click for large version

Photo © Scandpix

Alexander

Wed Aug 29, 2001 12:04 am

I am proud of Balkan Bulgarian airlines. I now live in London and have flown on many airlines.
Balkan's Tupolev 154s were great. They are the fastest loudest and most powerful aircraft i have ever flown, i just came back on one yesterday.And look at the variety of Balkan's fleet.From the IL-18 to the 767.

1.Tupolev 154 A,B and M

Click for large version

Photo © Alastair T. Gardiner

Click for large version

Photo © Toni Marimon

Click for large version

Photo © Bimbo

Click for large version

Photo © Viktor László

Click for large version

Photo © Peter Schulte

2.Tupolev 134

Click for large version

Photo © Malc Southern

3.Airbus A320

Click for large version

Photo © David Littlefield LRPS

4.Ilyushin 18

Click for large version

Photo © Stefan Sjögren

5.Antonov 12

Click for large version

Photo © Tony Rogers

6.Antonov 24

Click for large version

Photo © Alexander Schwarz

7.Boeing 737-300

Click for large version

Photo © Alastair T. Gardiner

8.Boeing 737-500

Click for large version

Photo © Árpád Gordos

9.Boeing 767-200er

Click for large version

Photo © Ben Albrow

And don't forget the two ATR42s,Antonov 14s,let 410s and years ago the airline's russian built DC-3s.

747 4-ever

Wed Aug 29, 2001 12:08 am

I'm proud of my country's airline SAS even though it isn't all swedish, hey Boaz, don't get angry now because I'm not saying that SAS is all swedish.

teva

Wed Aug 29, 2001 12:14 am

Viva AF and Air Tahiti Nui !!!!!
Nana....
Ecoute les orgues, Elles jouent pour toi...C'est le requiem pour un con

Teej13

Canada

Wed Aug 29, 2001 12:24 am

Well.. lets see here.

Air Canada - 10th largest airline in the world. Domestically, it is a monopolistic predator that absorbs any competition that comes down the pipe. It loses money to undercut the fares of others, and all in all, the service isn't that great.

Canada 3000 - Quickly steppped into the spot of Canadian Airlines as Canada's second largest carrier. Still struggling to break the mould of a charter-only airline, and while quickly expanding its route, the service is yet up to the level of a major airline. That being said, I'm flying with them tonight from Toronto to Paris, so I shouldn't be one to compain!

Air Transat - a shoddy charter, with a crummy maintenance record. One of their A330s almost went down over the Atlantic the other day, had it not been for the heroics of the flight crew.

Westjet - Low cost carrier, said to be efficient, pleasant and cheap. Unfortunately, they may not be able to sustain the undercutting by Air Canada on fares on the west coast.

Am I proud of the airlines in Canada? Nope.. they've got a long way to go...

PolAir

Wed Aug 29, 2001 12:28 am

I am ashamed of my national airline- Polish Airlines LOT. I will never fly them again. So many of their employees are soooo rude! I dont get it. I know LOT was named best business class airline in eastern europe ( i always fly coach) so maybe i should try it.
I also dont like their prices ( very high on european flights)! I dont know why, but LOTs menagement maybe thinks that LOT is the only way to fly out of WAW? Well, WRONG!

RickB

Wed Aug 29, 2001 12:41 am

Im certainly proud of BA, wherever I am in the world, whenever I see a BA aircraft I feel a piece of home is nearby !!

777236ER

Wed Aug 29, 2001 12:49 am

I may be the only one, but i'm proud of Brtain's flag carrier, BA. Ok, i may be a bit biased (read my profile) but i think BA is still the flag carrier, not Virgin or bmi. Their fleets are too small. BA operates all types of flights (through aliances, code-shares and franchises), from Scottish island hopping to LHR-SYD.
Your bone's got a little machine

Wed Aug 29, 2001 1:00 am

As an Scandinavian and Norwegian, I am very proud of the "National" airline of Scandinavia, SAS.

Wed Aug 29, 2001 1:00 am

I tend to agree with Cedarjet that there is a tendency for people to be harsher on their own country's largest airline(s) than those of other countries.

Here in Canada, Air Canada has always been a target for criticism and unfavourable nicknames, such as 'Air Caca' and 'Mapleflot'. Now that it has the lion's share of the market, the attention given to every imperfection will escalate. Canadians are famously self-critical, and 900-pound gorillas make for easy targets.

I'm not saying that the criticism is undeserved. Air Canada is merely an average North American carrier, and its motives for starting up a discount airline when other mainline carriers have done poorly in that market truly do come across as questionable. And I would personally be willing to see Canada unilaterally open itself up to unrestricted foreign ownership in any industry, including airlines, broadcasting and other areas still subject to protectionism.

That said, there always is a tendency for distant hills to look greener than the one you're standing on, even if they aren't greener, and that influences peoples' thinking.

UAL747

Wed Aug 29, 2001 1:03 am

In the US, we don't have a national carrier, but international service on most of our US based carriers is on par with many others. I have flown Korean Air, Cathay, BA, Swissair and LH and their service is pretty much equal in economy as well as business as the American carriers. So for Cedarjet who says all Americans should be ashamed, I'm here to tell you IM NOT. In fact, I had a worse experience on BA transatlantic than I did on AA. AA has some great service on international flights as well as more legroom than any carrier I have flown, at least in economy that is. UA is also very nice international. I just did a flight with them PEK-ORD and that international sector was better than the DFW-ICN-PEK that I did with Korean Air. Plus, anyone is bound to have a bad flight on any carrier.

UAL747
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

airsicknessbag

Wed Aug 29, 2001 1:06 am

How can I be proud of anything other than personal achievements?
In other words, no, I am not proud of Lufthansa because I´m neither its founder, nor CEO nor employee of any sorts.

Daniel Smile

Mark_D.

Are You Proud Of Your Country

Wed Aug 29, 2001 1:30 am

I wouldn't really use the word pride, especially not for Air Canada, though when you're even just a short distance outta the country, seems it's real easy for it to be associated with you to some extent with the locals. It's a big airline for the population of the country, maybe disproportionately so probably due to the enormity of the size of the territory and proximity of so much of its business outside of domestic territory (but then maybe that's why airlines like QF, NZ, KL, even SQ and CX are 'disproportionately large' for their respective home territories, as well. So not exactly a unique occurrence).
It's been the recipient of a fair amount of scorn from the citizenry, going back to even the '70s (in the 60s it was still too new, and whizzy), which continues to this day in various forms, now that it's swallowed dear old PWA and Canadian. (even the older guys, CP Air and Wardair, sort of still folded up in all of this. Wasn't that long ago).

There is still kind of a long way ahead for the overall situation, though at least now AC's being criticised more on business terms then on the government pork-barrel terms of yesteryear. And I think it's good that they're under a bit of stress right now just so they don't get the idea that they run the country (or even zee vuhld  Big grin after they swallowed up Canadian. I'd sort of like to see the new-and-likely-not-improved 'discount carrier' not do so well, especially now that it's revealed the darn thing's to be run out of Vancouver, not in the East where it oughtta be. Being out West it just looks all too blatant that it's out to sink Westjet more than serve any real market needs. So I hope it encounters financial --if not sentimental-- difficulties if that's its game plan.

I hope the other guys stick around to keep AC honest the next few years, even Transat which seems to be having a few technical issues, these days (boy was that ever a close one, on Friday).

Malaysia

Wed Aug 29, 2001 1:44 am

Hmmm...this might seem surprising to you, but yes, I'm proud of my hometown carrier, Malaysia Airlines. Yes, it seems to be the underdog here (especially when it is compared to giants like SIA and Cathay) however, I seriously believe that in every respect, it is just as good and in some instances better than both, SIA and Cathay. MAS' service in the domestic sector has been excellent everytime I flew them. The only thing they are lacking behind is in terms of their investment into onboard entertainment. However, I would choose service over that anytime. Personally, I feel that a lot of airlines these days are using electronics to substitute the human touch..

Just my 2 cents worth.
orca

SInGAPORE_AIR

Wed Aug 29, 2001 1:59 am

Cedarjet: If you know what happens here. You will find that Virgin Atlantic is the flag carrier, as it carries the flag and it proclaimed about it quite loudly at it's livery relaunch. Sorry to disappoint you, but at least I helped prove yer point.

deltairlines

Wed Aug 29, 2001 2:15 am

I am too a little biased, but I am proud of one my city's airlines: Delta. I do not like US Airways, but I can not comment on AA since I don't fly them.

Jeff

GOT

Wed Aug 29, 2001 2:18 am

Proud to be swedish and proud over my "national" airline SAS. The new A340 looks amazing.

Click for large version

Photo © Robert Sjödell

Click for large version

Photo © Stefan Sjögren

And don't forget the 737-600. Looks so nice.

Click for large version

Photo © Robert Sjödell

GOT
Just like birdwatching - without having to be so damned quiet!

sabena_A340

Wed Aug 29, 2001 2:33 am

Yes and No !!

I'm proud of Sabena when I see there destinations -> they have a very good european, african ( and US ) flights for a small country such as Belgium.

But when i see what happens now with the financial difficulties, I'm not very proud with my national company...

sabena_A340

Wed Aug 29, 2001 2:36 am

Yes and No !!

I'm proud of Sabena when I see there destinations -> they have a very good european, african ( and US ) flights for a small country such as Belgium.
The service is OK, the f/a friendly, etc... Sabena shows to the rest of the world, the image of Belgium.

But of another side when I see what happens now with the financial difficulties, that Sabena cannot doing profits (since a lot of years), I think that very bad...

sabena_A340

Wed Aug 29, 2001 2:37 am

Yes and No !!

The service is OK, the f/a friendly, etc... Sabena shows to the rest of the world, the image of Belgium.

But of another side when I see what happens now with the financial difficulties, that Sabena cannot doing profits (since a lot of years), I think it's a pity...

777236ER

RE: Sabena_A340

Wed Aug 29, 2001 3:05 am

Y'know what they say, three's a charm  Smile
Your bone's got a little machine

Wed Aug 29, 2001 3:12 am

I am very proud of British Airways, they have been providing superior service safely for many years.

I am appauled by Virgin and Easyjet, both whom seem to have very childish promotions against British Airways. Virgin has fallen into the trap of making passengers expect more then they can offer, economy of VS used to be world class, and now it is pretty average! Easyjet is a copycat of SWA, and the whole Easy Empire is a copycat of Virgin.

I do give bmi some credit however their new corporate image is not very good IMHO, and I have not experienced their service whoever it is meant to be reliable!

Iain

AC340

RE: Canada

Wed Aug 29, 2001 3:29 am

Despite Air Canada's problems, I am proud of the service provided by them. I have had the opportunity to fly Delta and United a few times and I still believe Air Canada's service to be better than both of those two. AC staff is usually friendly, the service onboard is polite and the aircraft are very clean.

Canada 3000 is a great charter airline, but is still a few years away from being able to offer the service quality and frequencies need to compete directly with AC. When this happens, they will become an excellent scheduled carrier, but not before.

Westjet is a great little airline, that will probably be wounded by direct competition from AC Lite, but should wheather the storm and continue its easterly expansion.

Air Transat may never recover from the fuel loss incident last week, especially if the media sink their teeth into possible maintenance problems.

Though I agree that the airlines in Canada need to inprove, each one has its attributes. I think people shouldn't be so quick to critize the aviation industry in Canada.

SN-A330

Wed Aug 29, 2001 3:50 am

Ofcourse I am proud of Sabena and its thousands of great employees!
I would rather be flying...

Arsenal@LHR

Wed Aug 29, 2001 6:02 am

I am definitely proud of my national airline, British airways. It has provided superior service than a lot of other airlines for many years, still does and will for many years to come. I am sure of this because i flew with BA to new york last month in economy class and the service was excellent and far more than i expected.

Long live BA

Regards
Arsenal@LHR
In Arsene we trust!!

David_itl

Wed Aug 29, 2001 6:32 am

I'm NOT proud of BA. Why? Simple - they are LONDON Airways, living for London, will do anything and everything to get passengers north of Birmingham onto the London shuttle services so that they can let them fly from London rather than get them to fly from the regions directly.

We have a terminal built for BA, financed 90% by MAN and 10% by BA and yet you'll be lucky to see a BA aircraft there. They hive off all their routes to their franchisees who then assume the commercial risk in return for the right to have the BA logos. The next two routes to go from BA to BACitiExpress are rumoured to the MAN-BRU and MAN-DUS services. One wonders if in the next 5 years whether BA will operate any services in their own right from the regions apart from the shuttle routes!

Yes, BA is a truly magnificent British airline that doesn't want to take any risks outside London for fear that the "risky" services actually do better than they dared to hope for.

Hopefully, next year is the year when they will be embarrassed at MAN.

David/MAN

cedarjet

Wed Aug 29, 2001 7:39 am

Singapore_Air, dear chap, I know Virgin called themselves the national 'flag-carrier' to wind up BA and squeezed the union flag into the unlikely shape of the the 747-400 winglet, but a misshapen flag and half a dozen international routes does not a flag carrier make. I'm a big fan of Virgin and BMI (I will not resort to using their gimmicky lower f***ing case logo here) and I don't really like BA much. But like it or not, BRITISH AIRWAYS with it's 350 aircraft and hundreds of routes around the globe IS, for better or worse, the UK's FLAG CARRIER. Just cos they did eighteen months flying the World Colours does not mean they're not.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

JFKspotter

Wed Aug 29, 2001 8:10 am

I sure am proud of (Grupo) Taca and all their great accomplishments.

Pride,
Warmth,
Passion.

-JFKspotter

Sabena332

Wed Aug 29, 2001 8:18 am

Hi !!!

Yes and No ! Lufthansa is not the best airline in the world, but LH is one of the best airlines in the world. They have a very good network and LH is a very save airline. But in my opinion they offer not enough comfort.

And: I don`t work for them so i can`t be proud !

Greetings from Germany

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

trans element

Wed Aug 29, 2001 10:35 am

Some of us are not proud of the national carrier
HEHEHE :>

OO-AOG

Wed Aug 29, 2001 4:15 pm

Very proud of Sabena! Big grin
Falcon....like a limo but with wings

9V-SVA

Wed Aug 29, 2001 4:18 pm

I'm so terribly proud of SIA.

9V-SVA  Big thumbs up
The Ex-Gundu
Remember to update your Respected User's lists!
9V-SVA | B772ER

klmfan

Wed Aug 29, 2001 4:43 pm

Though I've never flown them I'm proud of the Austrian Airlines Group (OS, NG, VO, WE). They offer a great variety of destinations and excellent service (as I was told). Above all, we have four national airlines for a small country with a population of 8 million.

Regards from the heart of Europe,
Petra

SK A340

Wed Aug 29, 2001 5:51 pm

I can just agree with som of the former posts; I am very proud of Scandinavian Airlines.

go canada!

Wed Aug 29, 2001 6:23 pm

"I am proud of our national carrier, Virgin Atlantic, "

why does that surprise me, you only back Virgin because they are owned by singapore, cant see the wood from the trees.

Next british airways being london airways?well sorry to disappoint you but they do fly to your back water.

British Airways have finally sorted out their domestic operations with the creation of citi express, id expect more domestic flights from BA to be happening soon.

By the way mr mancester, BA citiexpress is actually 100% owned by british airways and isnt a franchise, this occured after british airways merged its brymon unit(based in plymouth) with the recent purchase of british regional.

British Airways is the nations flag carrier, not virgin, who i am appaled by.Virgin do not show traditonial british values, instead they moan about competiton only when it suits them and its virgin who is screaming the most about open skies, funny that since that will increase competition, something mr dicky b has always said hes a champion of.

Virgin are 49% owned by singapore and 51% owned by Llyods TSB, the most shoody bank in exsitance!You cannot call virgin our national flag carrier when they have so much forgien control.I do like their livey and their staff are great but i will never ever believe that Virgin are our national carrier when a global giant of aviation happens to be british.

virgin arent in a major global allaince either and only fly to one european destination and fly to apporx 25 others.

how many routes to BA fly?
ill think you find its a lot more.

British Midland i am proud of, however they sold 25% of to a forgien airline and im not proud of that, though selling 25% to lufthansa is an excellent move for bmi so im proud of them in the sense that they have a business plan.i like their new liverly and they get on with the job rather than complaining and moaning too much and arent scared to stand upto BA when needs be.

I am proud of the fact that a small country like Britain can produce the global giant that is british airways and can produce tow other respectable airline, virgin and bmi, both who ahev strong brand names.For a small country we do very well in aviation.

Next canadian aviation, i have duel nationality so I hope im allowed to speak with regard to air canada and the others.

Air Canada dont fill me with pride as much as british airways do, simply because I used to love canadian to bits.However, just because they arent canadian doesnt mean to say i hate them. I realise we can have only one national carrier in canada and that one would have gone sooner or later.

So i am proud of air canada for wanting to be a global force and for joining the star alliance from the star rather than airlines like singapore who wanted to see which way the wind was blowing first and for flying the maple leaf to new destinations.

Im not proud of air transat who are a sorry existence of an airline, rude, unprofessional, poor maintenance, poor food, poor service, bad delays-need i go on?

im quite proud of canada 3000 and will be more so once they finally shake of their 'leisure' imagine.

im also proud of westjet for putting up a fight, though im not an pro-westjet, anti-AC 'westjets going to make AC bankrupt' fan.

so that my twenty pounds and 2 dollars worth.

krgds

long live BA!long live AC!
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

VapourTrails

Wed Aug 29, 2001 7:04 pm

Yes definitely! Australia's airlines are among the best and safest in the world: Ansett/Kendell, Qantas and Virgin Blue. See pics below..  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Click for large version

Photo © Glenn Alderton

Click for large version

Photo © Frank Schaefer

Click for large version

Photo © Glenn Alderton

From Australia. Qantas - Spirit of Australia.

Jarek

Wed Aug 29, 2001 7:22 pm

I am proud of LOT Polish Airlines.

They are safe, they have a great pilots and modern fleet.

Surely they are not the best in the world and need much of the improvement (like the attitude towards customer) but I like them.

Jarek

VapourTrails

Safety Concerns Here... (pics)

Wed Aug 29, 2001 7:27 pm

These pics were taken at CBR recently ... what if there was an aborted takeoff or emergency landing..  Sad

Click for large version

Photo © Glenn Alderton

Click for large version

Photo © Glenn Alderton

Click for large version

Photo © Glenn Alderton

VapourTrails

RE: Safety Concerns Here...

Wed Aug 29, 2001 8:10 pm

Oops!, sorry, I've inadvertently posted a new topic under this 'Are you proud of your country airlines' topic - and don't know how to move it.

Wed Aug 29, 2001 8:38 pm

lol, I almost did that myself a couple times, it sucks when you have multiple windows open....dont it?

SInGAPORE_AIR

Wed Aug 29, 2001 9:10 pm

Well excust me, what I am proud of is my opinion and you have no right to detract from it. It's not my fault VS are 49% owned by Singapore Airlines. You've never liked the SIA Group anyway so i suppose your post is to be expected my dear.

mandala499

Wed Aug 29, 2001 9:18 pm

Am I proud of my national carrier ?
Hell Yes ! Go Garuda, the only airline that have called me by my name as I board, and get my name mentioned in the have a nice flight wish as the crew showed my to my seat, on a full domestic flight, and I was only holding a Y class shuttle ticket.
I'm proud also at regional carrier Singapore Airlines, whom I always fly with on long-hauls... *except for the stingy cockpit visit policy* but generous upgrades  Smile
I am also proud of the local carriers in Indonesia... Mandala, Bouraq, Kartika (for the really friendly crew), Lion (for their Yak42s), Star Air (for their georgous cabin crew)... Although I am not proud at Jatayu and AWAir... and Merpati...

Mandala499
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !

Kuba74

Wed Aug 29, 2001 9:35 pm

Yes, I`m proud of LOT Polish Airlines. I feel safe when flying with them, but must agree with Jarek- ground customer service should be improved.
I` m really proud of LOT pilots, many of them are reigning world champions.

Click for large version

Photo © Rajesh Changela

Regards Kuba

ivailo

Wed Aug 29, 2001 9:42 pm

I'm proud of my country's Balkan airline, although the government doesn't give a damn about it and nearly shut it down, but Balkan is flying again and will buy&rent new aircrafts !

Balkan has great pilots and great service but poor fleet...

Take a look at that beautiful bird Tu-154M (LZ-BTH):

Click for large version

Photo © Marlo Plate

and another picture of it :

Click for large version

Photo © Martin Steiner

Tu 134 (LZ-TUG):

Click for large version

Photo © Martin Steiner

Agree with me that Balkan's colors look great on those Tupolev machines, but they also look great on B767-200ER (although Balkan doesn't have that one anymore) :

Click for large version

Photo © Eddy Cuperus

Check out Balkan's B737-300 :

Click for large version

Photo © Chris Sheldon

Let's just hope that Balkan will become a great airline again !

Regards,
Ivailo Sokolov,
Bulgaria

Airontario

RE: Canada

Thu Aug 30, 2001 12:22 am

Well i am proud of Canada's routes domesticly you can fly almost any where in Canada u just have to look aroud Air Canada Canada 3000 West Jet Air Ontario Air Nova Air BC and Air NWT

Ilyushin96M

Thu Aug 30, 2001 3:29 pm

I'm not particularly proud of any American flag carrier abroad, because I think for the most part, they offer substandard service as compared to their European and Asian counterparts. I'm actually a bit ashamed when I read a post from a European national who makes a trip to the US and flies aboard a US carrier on the international and domestic route. Usually, comparisons are made between the US airline and whatever foreign carrier the person is from, and the comparisons are not favourable.

For my international trips, I'll stick with a foreign carrier, thanks.