777D
Topic Author

Delta's Future Expansion In The South Pacific?

Fri Aug 31, 2001 12:17 am

When the economy improves will Delta consider expanding into Sydney or Auckland? Delta does not have any service in that part of the world and to use there code-share partners would be a long trip.

I believe they would have a great feed into LAX. They can move passengers from JFK, CVG, PDX, ATL, DFW and SLC into LAX for a daily 777(if Delta 777's have the range) to either SYD or AKL. This would bring more competition for this route into that part of the world.

deltairlines

RE: Delta's Future Expansion In The South Pacific?

Fri Aug 31, 2001 12:40 am

I believe they do have the range, and there wouldn't be ETOPS restrictions. From LAX, DL can pull feed from BOS, SLC, ATL, MCO, TPA, FLL, CVG, DFW, amongst others. I would love to see DL down under, but I feel that it is not the most important thing on DL's agenda at this time.

Jeff

modesto2

Fri Aug 31, 2001 12:46 am

I would like to see DL resume service to previously served Asian destinations such as HKG, TPE, BKK and SEL. It would be great if they started service to the South Pacific, but unfortunately, I don't see it in the near future. Internationally, they are focused on Europe and South America.

eta unknown

Fri Aug 31, 2001 12:53 am

DL already examined the SYD route when CO pulled out and correctly deemed it unprofitable.