FLY777UAL
Topic Author

AA At Orly?

Sun Jun 27, 1999 2:15 am

Is American still at Orly? I though I read somewhere a while back that they were going over to CDG soon.

Thanks in advance,

FLY777UAL

deltairlines

RE: AA At Orly?

Sun Jun 27, 1999 2:40 am

At this moment, AA does go to Orly. Earlier this week, in the Boston Globe, there was an article about an American 767-200 BOS-Orly that was delayed 24 hours.

Jeff

Sun Jun 27, 1999 5:19 am

AA will be at Orly until later this year, I think October or November.

Sun Jun 27, 1999 10:55 am

A couple of months ago there were discussions to displace all of ORY intercontinental flights to CDG. I have not heard anything since. IJ was quite angry because they were kinda building a hub there, especially since Oneworld has formed with AA and BA's traffic. Some were accusing the government to help AF by impeding IJ development. I do notknow what the final decision is but AF is supposed to move all it's intercontinental flights to CDG anyways in few years from now.

cedarjet

Sun Jun 27, 1999 11:13 am

The Paris airports situation is a nightmare - nearly all French domestic flights (the Air Inter network) are from Orly and since virtually all international flights (apart from a few US carriers) are to CDG, if you are flying to anywhere in France other than Paris you have to endure a mind-numbing hour in bad traffic on Paris' answer to London's M25, the "Peripherique". It really sucks...although at the end of one such hellish ride to Orly, I found one of the last Air Inter Caravelles waiting for me, which understandably made things look a lot better.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

AFa340-300E

Inter. To Domestic

Mon Jun 28, 1999 5:48 am

Things have changed !

You can have a transfert in CDG to pore then 75 % destinations in France !!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos