BA
Topic Author

Mesa Air CRJs

Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:39 am

On the Colorado Springs Airport (COS) website, I saw a picture of a Mesa Air CRJ parked at the gate.

The only aircraft Mesa Air brings to COS is the Beechcraft 1900 from ABQ.

However, we do get America West Express (operated by Mesa-Air of course) CRJs, but the picture I saw was in Mesa-Air colors.

Does America West Express use Mesa-Air livery CRJs aswell?

Or did Mesa-Air actually start bringing CRJs to COS?

Here is the picture below:

If you look at the tail, you will notice that it is in the Mesa-Air livery, when the only Mesa-Air livery aircraft that comes to COS are Beechcraft 1900s (2 flights per day from ABQ). However, we do get America West Express CRJs from PHX operated by Mesa-Air, but they are in America West Express colors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

desertjets

RE: Mesa Air CRJs

Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:44 am

I have seen several Mesa CRJ's in Mesa colors, the older scheme at least, running around Phoenix. So I would asssume the plane you saw was operating for America West.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

BA
Topic Author

Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:46 am

Okay thanks DesertJets.
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:48 am

Well, the CRJ's are just a marketing scheme and don't pay any attention to them. Don't get used to the CRJ's dude. The Beech's are there to stay. Haven't you heard of a "Equipment change"?

Rob

BA
Topic Author

Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:54 am

Mesa has ONLY been bringing Beechcraft 1900s from ABQ.

COS has VERY few equipment changes. Usually, airlines bring the same aircraft type all year round, the only aircraft that has changed is Northwest now brings A319s and A320s instead of the DC-9. TWA brings MD-80s now instead of 727s, since there 727s have been retired.