Trvlr
Topic Author

AA's Facilities At JFK

Thu Sep 06, 2001 1:24 pm

What are the AA terminals like at JFK airport? Modern? In need of an update? As I recall AA is working on a major improvement to their JFK operation, but it won't be ready for a while. Is there a lot of construction going on at JFK, like there is at LAX? How are the Admiral's Clubs? Thanks for any info.

Aaron G.

RE: AA's Facilities At JFK

Fri Sep 07, 2001 6:42 am

I asked a similar question about 2-3 days ago pretty much talking about the ops, if you want the ops, you can see my post  Smile.
I have only been through JFK on international flights, but I have heard that the current JFK AA terminal's aren't that great. Supposedly, they have already torn down one of the international wings of AA's 2 terminals.
rgds,
blink182

chepos

Fri Sep 07, 2001 7:24 am

The last time I was at JFK they looked ok but that was like 3 years ago, but one of my friends was just at JFK a week ago and he said the AA terminal looked really bad.
Chepos
Fly the Flag!!!!

Fri Sep 07, 2001 10:52 am

Oops, sorry I was reading one of Blink182's posts earlier, I meant so say "rgds, Oneworld777".
Chepos- I am not surprised why it would be so bad. I would think that AA is just tying to keep it "clean" meaning that they don't want it to look like a dump.
rgds,
Oneworld777

AAR90

Fri Sep 07, 2001 9:33 pm

Lots of construction going on so the terminal interiors are basically clean but cramped (at least #8 still is). Yes they are in need of update, but since the new billion dollar super-terminal is under construction there will be no money spent on updates, just basic maintenance.
*NO CARRIER* -- A Naval Aviator's worst nightmare!