RJ_Delta
Topic Author

Lan Express Start Operations

Sat Sep 08, 2001 2:03 am

Hi :

Athough the Chilean antimonopolies Court suspend the restructuration of Lan Chile and Ladeco, where Ladeco will dissappear replaced by Lan Express. But yesterday I went to SCL and I visited the control tower and I found a nice sorprise: Ladeco doesn't fly with Ladeco codes because the Lan Group operates Ladeco flights as LXP (OACI code for Lan Express). The Ladeco's planes is still painted with Ladeco color scheme. It's that ilegal or not, what do you think?

Regards from Santiago, Chile (SCL).

RJ_Delta.

teva

RE: Lan Express Start Operations

Sun Sep 09, 2001 1:39 am

I don't know if it is legal or not.
The only thing I hope is that despite the fact there will be only 1 domestic airline in Chile, there will be no change on the quality of service.
Last time I have been to Chile, in 95 , I really appreciated the quality of service on the domestic flights.
(In Europe, as far as as know, no airline gives hot meal in Economy on domestic or intra-European flights)
Nana...
Ecoute les orgues, Elles jouent pour toi...C'est le requiem pour un con

RJ_Delta
Topic Author

Mon Sep 10, 2001 3:28 am

Teva:

Ladeco is closer to die. The change of codes is the first step and then the colors of the aircraft. Also now you can't see the name of LADECO in the counters of SCL You only see LAN CHILE.

RJ_Delta.

RJ_Delta
Topic Author

Sat Sep 15, 2001 12:35 pm

Hi:

The newest A320 are painting with the new Lan Express livery. Soon Lan Chile will add the A319-100 for domestic flights.

RJ_Delta.