Pe@rson
Topic Author

Well, I Got Home Safely...

Sat Sep 08, 2001 6:47 pm

Well I'm finally home.

My Aeroflot flight from DEL-SVO was perfectly satisfactory, although the aircraft (772) was, as AndyMidlands pointed out in a previous thread, not particularly good. Indeed, the seats were hard and contained an odd ball-like thing at the bottom thus hurting my back. Two seats (and I suspect many more) were like this. Leg room was a problem too. I've had more leg room on a 146 and for that matter a F50. However, the 6 hour 35 minute flight did fly quite fast (probably because I slept for most of the way) so it was OK.

I had to run to catch my flight to LHR.

Thankfully the 3 1/2 hour flight was good, complete with a decent amount of leg room. I arrived into LHR a little late at about 1230. Much to my annoyance, my backpack (inside of which was my coach ticket home!) didn't transfer onto the LHR-bound flight, so I had to wait many hours. I was tired. My parents drove 3 1/2 hours to pick me up!
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

Ilyushin96M

Question About SU's 777 Layout

Sun Sep 09, 2001 1:06 am

Interesting to hear you flew on an Aeroflot 777. I wonder if the seat pitch and comfort are typical of a coach layout on a 777, or specific to those used by Aeroflot and other carriers on higher-density routes? Does anyone know or can anyone compare comfort between Aeroflot's 777s and others?

Also, I am wondering about the passenger capacity of Aeroflot's planes vs. others. Anyone know?

Why would you have to check your backpack? How big was it? If it was the typical "travel all over Europe" kind with the aluminium frame, don't those break down to some degree, eliminating the need to check them? Just curious.  Smile

RE: Well, I Got Home Safely...

Sun Sep 09, 2001 1:15 am

Are you going to do a full trip report? I'm sure we will enjoy reading it in that forum.  Big thumbs up

Pe@rson
Topic Author

RE: Question About SU's 777 Layout

Sun Sep 09, 2001 2:13 am

When I flew aboard BA and DL's 772 about one and a half year's ago, the leg room was, if I recall correctly, better and more comfortable than that of SU's. In fact, the both BA and DL's aircraft were in considerably better condition (the interior) than SU's; there weren't rips in the seats, for example.

I can't remember the exact number, but I believe SU's capacity on its 772 is about 295.

I am a backpacker and a budget traveller, thus my backpack was large, consequently having to be checked in and stored in the aircraft's hold.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos