BA
Topic Author

Frontier's DEN-RNO - Will It Succeed?

Sun Sep 09, 2001 3:37 pm

I've been thinking about RNO, and I have a feeling that this route will be a flop for Frontier.

The flight starts on October 1, along with 2 daily flights to AUS. AUS will be a gold mine definately, its a booming market, however I'm a little worried about RNO.

Currently, United only has 2 flights between DEN and RNO. That shows that RNO isn't too hot of a route.

But then again, Frontier might stump me.

Surprisingly, Frontier's ABQ and ELP flights are doing overall pretty well.

What are your feelings about the 2 daily non-stop flights to RNO that Frontier will be commencing on October 1? Both flights will be operated by a 737-300.

Regards.
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

deltaflyertoo

RE: Frontier's DEN-RNO - Will It Succeed?

Sun Sep 09, 2001 4:39 pm

Indeed an interesting question. Frontier may be hoping to develop the route in the way SW does with its smaller markets.

jmc1975

Sun Sep 09, 2001 4:43 pm

Reno is a low-yield market, which fits the profile better for Frontier. They could serve Reno more cost-effectively than United could in that type of market. It will be interesting to see what happens.

BA
Topic Author

Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:50 am

Yeah, I guess it will do well. It may not be Frontier's most profitable route, but it should succeed.

As I said, Frontier will probably stump me. ABQ and ELP are doing relatively well, so RNO should do well in Frontier's case.

Regards.
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

5280AGL

Mon Sep 10, 2001 1:32 am

I really don't see RNO being a successful choice for frontier. The only fit is the fact that RNO is traditinally a low yield market. There are many more logical cities out there for frontier to look at like BNA, PIT, CMH and STL.

--Chris--