Recovery Of The Black Boxes

Wed Sep 12, 2001 4:29 am

Do you think it would be possible to retreive the black boxes from the aircrafts that crashed into the Twin Towers? How usefull will it be in relation to the investigation?

Regards,
Nicolas

Alexander

RE: Recovery Of The Black Boxes

Wed Sep 12, 2001 4:31 am

i believe so it's not easy to destroy black box

bodobodo

Wed Sep 12, 2001 4:38 am

Hi Nicolas,

I would guess that the cockpit voice recorder would be the most useful as its pretty straightforward why the aircraft crashed in the first place. One question would be whether there is a mechanism by which someone can purposely erase the CVR? If so then the terrorists at the controls could have have been trained to destroy the evidence before the plane crashed.

Felix

corocks

Wed Sep 12, 2001 5:10 am

I just hope some dumbass hijacker, when asked by the pilot "Who the hell are you?", happened to say that they were from so-and-so terrorist organization. If this was caught on tape it would be great. Easy set-up to blame someone else though.

I hope there is no sending those resposible to the Hague or a trial. I hope they are taken OUT. I don't think we will be negotiating to get the suspects like in Pan Am 103, or trying to get the Taliban to turn over Bin Laden. I say we go in a get whoever it is, and those trying to protect them be damned!

ryu2

Wed Sep 12, 2001 11:09 am

You could pull the circuit breaker for the CVR, preventin it from working and recording any incriminating evidence. That was what was done by the Captain in the Silkair crash before its dive.

I would not be surprised that the hijackers were sophisticated enough to do this.