Passengers On UA Flight Are Called Heroes

Fri Sep 14, 2001 12:55 am

I heard on the news this morning that the passengers aboard UA's flight #93 that crashed outside of Pittsburgh are now considered heroes for overtaking the hijackers. According to the transcripts, the passengers knew about the hijackers plans to attack the White House, and they vowed to not let it happen, eventhough they knew their lives were in serious jeopardy. I hope President Bush recognizes this, and is very grateful to these passengers. Had they not overtaken the aircraft and caused it to hit an open field, more lives would have been lost.

I just want to make sure these brave passengers are given due credit.

Greg

RE: Passengers On UA Flight Are Called Heroes

Fri Sep 14, 2001 1:20 am

The hijackers told them their plans?
Wow...that's wild.
It's almost like asking for the mission to be sabotaged...

Whatever the passengers did...it was effective. Shame there wasn't a happier outcome.

airbus380

Fri Sep 14, 2001 1:48 am

Supposovly, (sorry for spelling) they were celebrating when they heard of the WTC, they started celebrating and the pax took control.

Ilyushin96M

Fri Sep 14, 2001 1:52 am

Well, the flight data and cockpit voice recorders should provide some evidence of what went on. But regardless, I'm sure the passengers and crew of all the airliners involved did their best, given the circumstances.

If UA 93's pax and crew fought the hijackers and the hijackers blew up the plane in mid-air, then the pax and crew are heroes and died for their country. The hijackers died the deaths of roadkill hit by semis, no matter how you look at it, because they are lower than dogs, and hopefully are going to burn and rot in Hell for all eternity.

Fri Sep 14, 2001 2:24 am

I certainly think the passengers are heros they sacrificed their loves, to safe the masses!
Iain

ryu2

Fri Sep 14, 2001 2:29 am

The pax heard about the WTC crashes from conversations with their loved ones on airphone/cellphone -- probably not the terrorists.