MH772

Could The Crashes Have Started A World War

Fri Sep 14, 2001 9:33 am

I have been listening to the radio and watching the TV about the terrorist attacks on America these past few days and I have noticed that the situation over in the US is as if a war is going on against an invisible enemy. The people of other countries and especially America are really scared of air travel and their safety, there are jet fighters patrolling cities, the US government declaring "Threatcon Alpha" on all their military bases, the highest level of security and alertness and lately if I'm not mistaken sending more planes to an AFB in Turkey. It all seems to me that if the US wasn't as civilized as these terrorist, we could've well started World War 3. Any comments......

watewate

RE: Could The Crashes Have Started A World War

Fri Sep 14, 2001 9:37 am

Only time will tell if WTC tragedy was a lead-in to a major conflict/war. But one thing will be for sure- it won't be against a clear enemy like that of Iraq in Persian Gulf War. It'll be against a group of extremists that will be harder to track down. I expect a lot of collateral damages. Either way, there won't be a battle- it'll be a one sided beating/bombing by the US.

I Like To Fly

Fri Sep 14, 2001 9:37 am

Bush has already declared this "an act of war..." -- that should answer your question. BTW, that "threatcon alpha" statement is false in many ways. They are currently on "charlie" which is second to worst. "delta" is the worst, and I think "alpha" is peacetime.

gocaps16

Fri Sep 14, 2001 10:09 am

"Bush Says He's Preparing for War" so most likely ther will be a war.

Anyone joining? I already enlisted to the US Navy.

Kevin/DCA

gocaps16

Fri Sep 14, 2001 10:12 am

Also, Bush sent several Navy ships (Destroyer and aircraft carrier) tothe Persian Gulf and plans on taking 50,000 + reservist from the USMC. Most likely they'll be a ground war and air wars, bombing fro mthe air and from the ships. Also, allied countries are willing to go to war with us.

Wait and see...

Kevin/DCA