Will Plane Spotting Ever Be The Same?

Sat Sep 15, 2001 3:39 pm

I know this is minute considering what unfortunate events took place this past week, but, will we ever be able to carry on our aviation enthusiast hobby the ways we have in the past? Are they closing observation decks in Europe? Will observation areas be closed in the USA? We as aviation enthusiasts were attacked in the sense that because of Bin Laden, we may have lost our hobby. Should we give up aviation photography/spotting/watching now?

SEA nw DC10

RE: Will Plane Spotting Ever Be The Same?

Sat Sep 15, 2001 4:36 pm

Wherever there are airports, flying airplanes and flight paths, there will always be "spotting" my friend.

Please pray for the families and victims and drop your spotting, just for now.

Seanwdc10

RE: Will Plane Spotting Ever Be The Same?

Sat Sep 15, 2001 4:42 pm

I have been praying. I am glad I did all my LA area spotting on Monday, cancelling Tuesdays trips before I knew what was in store, because I wouldnt have seen much, and that could well be the last plane spotting trip of my life I am sad to say. I am probably not going to waste my time fighting over anxious security. Also, as I stated before, all these security measures wouldnt have done anything if in place on Tuesday because these were ticketed passengers.

Time to start looking for a new hobby I guess.