yka

Air Mail Working Again?

Sat Sep 15, 2001 5:16 pm

I need to ship something to the UK via Air Mail, does anyone know if its working again? I heard on the news yesterday that cargo operations(including international mail) were still grounded even though pax operations had resumed.

UPS Pilot

RE: Air Mail Working Again?

Sat Sep 15, 2001 6:49 pm

All cargo on passenger flights is prohibited at this moment. I can't speak for Fed Ex hopefully someone can on this forum but UPS has resumed operations including some International flights.

sotomayor

Sat Sep 15, 2001 6:55 pm

FedEx has been operating since the reopening of the USA airspace. Internationally, I see 2 FedEx flights heading out to STANSTED (EGSS) right now.
sotomayor

fxra

Sat Sep 15, 2001 9:10 pm

FedEx is operating at a near normal sked. By monday, we hope to be back toa full sked. All the delayed packages and letters from the past week are to be delivered by Monday (witht eh exception of NYC and Washington DC) and customer guarnatees are expected to be reinstated next week.

Also, just a notice tonight, with the lack of cargo space from the pax carriers, we say a rather large jump in internatioanl cargo shipments tonight (well outta here we did... coulda filled a DC-10 of NRT freight and a DC-10 of euro freight alone out of here). I expect to see us, and UPS and the rest of the cargo haulers to be heavy until the ban on the pax planes ar elifted (is it planned to be?)

But to answer the original post, FedEx is flying, DHL is flying, UPS is flying and the USPS is flying (via FedEx domesticly and some international)... so you can get your letters through.. may take a little longer or cost a little more. Later

jd
Visualize Whirled Peas

airmale

Sat Sep 15, 2001 9:14 pm

No! Im still job hunting Smile  Smile  Smile
.....up there with the best!