I Think I Lost My Job Today

Sun Sep 16, 2001 4:08 pm

With only 1 1/2 years at CO, I think it's safe to say that my number will be called. God Bless all affected by the furloughs, I will miss you all! Thank you Mr Bethune & fellow co-workers for the experience, for the fun, and for the pleasure of working for the best airline in the world! It was a great ride & a life experience.

Fly on Proud Bird & God Bless America!

~COexERJ

SailorOrion

RE: I Think I Lost My Job Today

Sun Sep 16, 2001 4:13 pm

First of all, I wish to express my condolences to all american people.

I hope that you are not right about losing your job and I also hope that congress really decides on the $15,000,000,000 help-package. I am just creating an e-mail to one of the congress members, but I have my doubts it will be read.

Keep the blue side up.

God bless you. God bless your family, God bless America!

SailorOrion
Munich, Germany

I Like To Fly

Sun Sep 16, 2001 4:14 pm

COexERJ, that's horrible news. I want to wish you the best of luck with a new job and don't give up hope. It is important to keep your head up during tough times. There are better things to come.

God Bless.

jessman

Sun Sep 16, 2001 4:31 pm

I think we're all scared. I, however, have a contingincy plan. Once I'm laid off I join the Navy. I always wanted to work for the best.
Marines is my second choice.

trickijedi

Sun Sep 16, 2001 4:57 pm

I'm sorry to hear the news. This tragedy really has affected us all. Don't give up hope though. I'm sure you know that Gordon is doing the best he can to hang on to all of his employees.
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!

fanofjets

Sun Sep 16, 2001 11:22 pm

Dear COexERJ,

I, too, am sorry to hear about the uncertainty of your job. I hope these fears don't come true. I'll keep my fingers crossed - one layoff is one too many.
:-(
The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

DEN-HNL

Mon Sep 17, 2001 1:47 am

COexRJ,
I am really sorry to hear about what's gone down at CO. Hopefully you're not affected. Everybody here at UA is dreading the same news -- It's inevitable. I've got 4.5 years with UA, so I'll probably be right on the cusp of any layoffs. Hopefully something can be done to keep us all working. Surely, those four heinous acts on 9/11 have affected us all.

Good Luck  Smile
John Hancock

copter808

Mon Sep 17, 2001 3:03 am

Don't give up yet COexRJ! Gordon has a reputation of being a strong "people person". I don't think he wants to lose that.

Cutbacks may be necessary, but there are several ways to handle that situation. In the past, it's my understanding, that the industry had used "job sharing" to prevent layoffs. There's always the possibility that they will allow that again. In any case, the layoffs are only proposed for 18 months or so, until the industry recovers.

Mon Sep 17, 2001 3:25 am

COexERJ,

There are many people out there that are worried about the same thing. I hope that you don't loose your job. Don't give up yet!

AirT85

Mon Sep 17, 2001 3:34 am

My thoughts are with you! Being raised in a family thats worked in the airlines, i can feel your pain! My grandma said that 900 flight attendants at USAirways were told last week they were being layed off as well...its sad to see the industry in this shape, there are so many wonderful people and airlines affected!
Tony
Why would God make us all so different, if He wanted us to be the same?

FBU 4EVER!

Mon Sep 17, 2001 3:40 am

During my 16 years with SAS,we've had redundancies on several of occasions.
In all cases,the Pilot Unions were able to offer the company cost-neutral Leave of Absence-deals which is what you are more or less calling job sharing.They were,and still are,very popular amongst the pilots,as 50,75 and 80% working hours gives you a lot more time off.Here in Scandinavia with it's progressive taxation system,the loss in net pay isn't really all that much,either.
This is definitely one period where solidarity is needed,and job sharing could be the best means to show this.
Good luck to you all!
"Luck and superstition wins all the time"!

Markus

Mon Sep 17, 2001 3:55 am

COexERJ,
Hey buddy hang in there. I got 2 1/2 years so hopefully this won't affect me too much. You know Gordo...he's a number cruncher just like all the rest of them. Federal aid seems to be the name of the game as far as the furloughs are concerned. Stations will be closing (5 Coex) on Oct. 1st so the pilot and FA groups are not the only ones biting the bullet. Keep in mind that this plan is for the next 90 days...hopefully things will improve soon. They've been telling us the props are on the way out for years...never thought something like this would be the catalyst for it actually taking place.
Cheers,
Markus

lmml 14/32

Mon Sep 17, 2001 4:19 am

Good luck !

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos