Delta's Old Livery

Thu Jul 01, 1999 10:53 am

Do you know how long Delta's old livery has been around? That is one of my favorite liverys.

Colin Kumpunen

RE: Delta's Old Livery

Thu Jul 01, 1999 12:08 pm

It has been around since the 1960s when the DC9 was introduced. I suggest you like another livery. Delta's old livery is hideous!

Dazed767

Thu Jul 01, 1999 12:35 pm

I think the new colors look good on some of the planes. I think the old colors look better on the MD 88's, and 727.

Sat Jul 03, 1999 2:50 am

The old livery with some minor changes dates back to about 1963 or 64. I personally like the old livery better that the new one. I think they could use the old design with new brighter colors and get something exceptional.

I miss the widget on the tail most of all.

TAD

MAC_Veteran

Delta's Old Livery:1961-62 Introduced On DC-8

Sat Jul 03, 1999 3:25 am

Delta Air Lines former livery was introduced on the DC-8-11/12 and -51 during Late 1961-early 1962.

It was basically the same widget livery we all know, but with Delta Air Lines spelled down the sides. On the DC-8-51, the small words "FanJet" were on the blue parts of the widget. Other differences were, the bare metal areas on the DC-8 were -lower- on the fuselage, later on they were raised to the cabin floorline, flairing underneath the nose, along with simplification of the lettering to just "Delta" on the fuselage.

I for one -loved- the older Delta Air Lines livery. It was quite classy looking to me.

Regards
MAC_Vet

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos