me

AirTran News

Tue Sep 18, 2001 2:24 am

www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/terrorism/travel/0917air.html

RE: AirTran News

Tue Sep 18, 2001 5:09 am

Your link sent me to MSN's Search Engine.

-WSRegal

MCOtoATL

An Interesting Point

Tue Sep 18, 2001 5:41 am

While the act of terrorism has hit us hard as a nation, and has taken its toll on so many lives, I have seen some heartfelt things come out of this tragedy.

Seeing Republicans and Democrats sing "God Bless America" on the steps of the capital touched my heart, as has the outpouring of love and sympathy from so many people. Patriotism is alive and well my friends. People who are often bitter enemies ocme together thanks to a common foe.

Here is yet another example - airline management and unions working hand in hand in a cooperative effort to do something that will benefit everyone in the long run. I applaud Airtran for this.

PHLflyer

Tue Sep 18, 2001 6:09 am

I will be amazed if Air Tran is even operating by the end of October. I wish all of the carriers luck, but Air Tran and maybe America West are not long for this world. Air Trans stock was down 39.67 percent, America West was down 65.12 percent, and it will surely go down some more on Tuesday.

Tue Sep 18, 2001 7:33 am

PHLFlyer:

Maybe you didn't realize that AirTran has over $100 million in the bank. This may not seem like much, but according to 2nd quarter results, they could fly no one for 60 days at regular capacity before running out of cash. That's nobody at all. If they got 1/3 of the flights full at average fares, they would have approximately 90 days of cash AT REGULAR CAPACITY. Now they have 80% of capacity and the pilots took a pay cut in exchange for no furloughs through 10-31, which should help even more.

flashmeister

Tue Sep 18, 2001 9:55 am

An airline does not go under because its stock falls. Keep the faith - the majority of the carriers will live through this.

Whether they have to consolidate or not is unsure, but the industry is not a total loss.

travatl

Thu Sep 20, 2001 1:46 am

If ValuJet could survive through that nightmare (shutdown for four months, restart costs, and then carrying nobody for six months), I feel confident AirTran will weather this as well.

Travis

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos