TR
Topic Author

Sabena May Face Bankruptcy As Result Of Attack!

Wed Sep 19, 2001 12:55 am

Sabena Chairman, Fred Chaffart, has warned that the airline could face bankruptcy because of heavy losses after last week's terrorist attacks on the US.

Chaffart, speaking to journalists, said the airline was also at risk because it has failed to reach an agreement with the unions on a job-cutting plan.

"If we don't quickly reach a plan (to cut jobs and reduce the airline's routes), then Sabena is in great danger," Chaffart said.

Source: Dow Jones Newswires

American 767

RE: Sabena May Face Bankruptcy As Result Of Attack!

Wed Sep 19, 2001 7:00 am

Well, it is true that Sabena has lost a whole lot of money this year but I don't think that the attack of US airliners last week would affect much the situation at Sabena. Sabena has 5 or 6 daily scheduled flights transatlantic but most of its network is focussed in Europe and Africa. Sabena was already in bad shape before Sept 11' 2001 and had already planned the lay off of some 1600 employees. However, I still keep my fingers crossed for the future of Sabena. I do beleive that even with last week's tragedy in the United States, Sabena will survive.

Oui, c'est vrai que la Sabena a perdu beaucoup d'argent cette année mais je ne pense pas que l'attaque des avions de lignes americains n'affectera la situation de la Sabena. Sabena a 5 ou 6 vols quotidiens transatlantiques mais la plupart de son reseau est ciblé sur l'Europe et l'Afrique. La Sabena etait deja en danger finacierement avant le 11 Septembre 2001 et avait deja envisagé de licencier 1600 employés. Cependant, je croise toujours mes doigts pour l'avenir de la Sabena. Je crois sincerement que, malgré la catastrophe de la semaine passée aux Etats Unis, la Sabena survivra.

Ja, deze jaar heeft Sabena veel geld verloren maar ik denk niet dat, met de ongevallen van amerikaanse vliegtuigen, de situatie met Sabena slechter worden zalt. Sabena heeft, elke dag, 5 of 6 vluchten naar de Verinigde Staten maar de netwerk is meer op Europa and Africa. Sabena was al in een slechte situatie voor 11 september 2001 en 1600 mensen zouden werk verliezen. Ik kruis mijn vingers voor de toekomost van Sabena. Ik denk dat, ook met laatse week ongeval in de Verinigde Staten, Sabena zalt niet sterven.

Ben Soriano
Brussels Belgium
Ben Soriano

glider

RE: Sabena May Face Bankruptcy As Result Of Attack!

Wed Sep 19, 2001 8:50 am

I think it's wonderful that you want to post this message in Dutch but even me; a dutchspeaking person doesn't understand everything...
Sorry mate...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos