Airline Mergers

Wed Sep 19, 2001 3:04 am

Because of what happened last week the world's airlines are having losses in the millions. What are the chances that many airline mergers will occur? A good example is Continental which is facing possible bankruptcy? What are chances that Delta may buy out Continental?

RE: Airline Mergers

Wed Sep 19, 2001 3:16 am

Mergers are the last thing on any airlines mind. None of the airlines are in a position to merge. Mergers cost lots of money something of which all airlines are becoming short on.

Wed Sep 19, 2001 3:28 am

If things go the way they are going with many people afraid, not wanting to fly anymore, the world's airlines will have losses in the millions and face bankruptcy.

rw774477

Wed Sep 19, 2001 6:10 am

I think it's going to be a slaughter - many many carriers will go down. It will also be a opportunity for others to pick up cheap a/c. Smaller carriers with marginal profits will die fast because of lack of cash to pull them through to the next good period - whenever that will be.

rw774477

rw774477

Wed Sep 19, 2001 6:14 am

Also watch for MAJOR sales on tickets just to get butts back in seats - even at a loss.

rw774477

Wed Sep 19, 2001 6:49 am

Has anyone heard anything about the status of Olympic Airways? I am sure they were hurt seriously when JFK was shut down after the WTC terrorist attacks. Their popular ATH to JFK route using their new A340-300s is barely keeping them from folding.

RJ_Delta

Wed Sep 19, 2001 6:51 am

TEDSKI:

It's very dificult these days to buy another airline. If the biggest are in trouble think the problem of the small airlines.

RJ_Delta.

blink182

Wed Sep 19, 2001 10:34 am

I think this may be one of the times when you see a lot of airlines go big, and other airlines fall.
The world of aviation may be different 3 months from now, I'd hate to say it, but airlines like AA, DL, UA, and CO might not make it. I may be over exagerrating a little bit, but I think US Airways is bound to go out, along with a few of the more regional carriers.
The airlines who have the money making routes will be the ones who make it through.
rgds,
blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos