TR
Topic Author

SAS To Go Ahead With Expansion

Wed Sep 26, 2001 4:32 pm

I´ve just spoken to a friend of mine who is MD-80 pilot with SAS and he told me that SAS will go ahead with new routes to the US (SFO) and increase flights on certain long haul routes. Since AA is cutting ORD-ARN the (unofficial) plans of reducing flights on that route has been put away again which also goes for the evening CPH-EWR flight operated by the leased BM A330-200. Load factors are still OK and if it doesn´t get worse SAS will continue it´s current schedule and even add destinations and frequency. Deliveries of A340s and A330s is also to continue as planned.

If SAS see the light at the end of the tunnel I guess others will follow soon. At least I hope so!

EIrob

RE: SAS To Go Ahead With Expansion

Wed Sep 26, 2001 5:18 pm

According to someone I know at SAS Stockholm, SAS's attitude at the moment is 'business as usual'. So far, they have not announced any layoffs, and are still recruiting in Sweden. I guess the extra money they made with the Maersk cartel is helping them out....... Big grin

Air Taiwan

RE: SAS To Go Ahead With Expansion

Wed Sep 26, 2001 5:42 pm

COOL~~~

Hope they fly to more Asian long haul destinations like HKG, TPE, OSA, BKK/SIN (separately), and probably Australia!!

Wishful thinking isn't it?

Jimmy  Smile/happy/getting dizzy