Here are the details.
Hundreds of tickets sold as Ansett flights resume
Hundreds of phone bookings were taken for Ansett's new no-frills service in the first two hours of service this morning.
Two hundred call centre staff returned to work at Ansett's Launceston and Adelaide centres today.
In the first two hours, just under 300 tickets were sold with hundreds more expected to have been snapped up through the internet, an Ansett spokeswoman said.
Five Ansett type 320 airbuses will return to the air on special cheap introductory flights on Saturday.
The planes will fly between Melbourne and Sydney with the first flights leaving both ports at 9am.
The airline will run 32 flights a day during the week and 28 on weekends with more trips on other trunk routes expected to resume during the week.
Andersen administrators Mark Mentha and Mark Korda said the federal government had agreed to guarantee all tickets to the tune of $25 million for 12 weeks.
The administrator has agreed only to take bookings for the fixed three-month period starting today.
Whether the flights would continue after this date would depend on how operations went, Mr Korda said.
He said special ticket prices ranged from $99 one-way for a six week advance fare to unrestricted tickets priced at $198.
The cheap fares meant flights would just break even at 62 per cent loading but would buy time for the airline to allow administrators to talk to parties interested in purchasing the company.
Mr Mentha said five parties were being spoken to - including domestic and international consortiums.
Paperwork and records would be available for due diligence from Monday, he said.
Disclaimer notices had been issued on a number of aircraft in the Ansett 137-strong fleet. But at this stage administrators looked at keeping all 20 A320 planes.
The two 747 and the 767 jets, leased from Singapore Airlines, would be offered back to the airline as Ansett abandoned its international service and concentrated on domestic routes, Mr Mentha said.
The new flights would be premium economy, a little above Virgin Blue but not as full a service as Qantas, he said.
Thousands of workers from Ansett's more than 16,000 staff had returned to work at regional airports and at the airline's baggage, travel and ticketing departments.
But many thousands more were still "stood down" with no guarantee of returning to work in the near future since the company's collapse two weeks ago.
However, Mr Mentha said there were "no redundancies on the table" at this stage.
"What we're asking, clearly 17,000 people can't go into supporting five flights on Saturday. They will be supporting it in their spirit and in their willingness to see Ansett get back in the air on a long-term basis," he said.
"We're looking to put together a business plan to address the long-term interests of all the stakeholders, that is work in progress over the next week."
Employees who returned to work would keep the same wages and conditions but would be asked to show flexibility in work hours, Mr Mentha said.
"We've asked for flexibility to ensure the costs are pared to meet the revenue generated by the planes in the air," he said.
"The unions have been very flexible to help us get the planes in the air in the short term.
"There are some issues which need to be addressed in the long term."
They won't be operating anymore international routes...and that's really really god news for now!I don't want to see them collapse again!!
Also it's the government who invests money for now,25MILLION.And it is proposed to mantain service till the end of the year.