Victor
Topic Author

Cathay To Temporarily Suspend Flights To Pakistan

Thu Sep 27, 2001 9:29 pm

Cathay Pacific to temporarily suspend flights to Pakistan

Cathay Pacific Airways regrets to announce the temporary suspension of its flights to Pakistan. The last Cathay Pacific flight to Karachi before the suspension will take place this Friday 28 September 2001. This difficult decision was taken due to the challenging economic conditions.

The airline has decided to suspend services to Karachi due to the softening of the global economy and its impact on the airline industry. It is looking to resume the services with the commencement of its winter schedule, which begins on 28 October 2001.

Cathay Pacific currently operates three return flights a week to Karachi. The airline sincerely regrets the inconvenience caused to its customers and hopes to resume services as soon as circumstances permit.

What about Cathay Pacific Colombo, Manchester and Zurich route? Will Cathay fly back to this 3 cities?

airmale

RE: Cathay To Temporarily Suspend Flights To Pakistan

Thu Sep 27, 2001 9:52 pm

If its for commercial/economic reasons and not the looming threat in the region then why are they so eager to resume the service in a months time Confused

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Gary Watt

.....up there with the best!

hkgspotter1

Thu Sep 27, 2001 9:58 pm

Because its a load of %$@# !!

airmale

Thu Sep 27, 2001 10:00 pm

I hope you meant the news of their suspended service Hkgspotter1 Confused

Cathay Pacific

Thu Sep 27, 2001 10:00 pm

i wonder where they will suspend next.....????

Smile/happy/getting dizzy Smile/happy/getting dizzy Smile/happy/getting dizzy Cathay Pacific....The Heart of Asia  Smile/happy/getting dizzy Smile/happy/getting dizzy Smile/happy/getting dizzy
cathay pacific, now you're really flying

Victor
Topic Author

Thu Sep 27, 2001 10:04 pm

Sources from cathaypacific.com
Anyone know why Cathay just suspend fly to Pakistan a month? ...

CX Flyboy

Thu Sep 27, 2001 11:56 pm

First I've heard of it!!! Then again, they don't tell their own staff anything.

khi747

Fri Sep 28, 2001 3:49 am

Airmale how is Cathay ....rather how was Cathay doing at KHI?? What are all the airlines that have suspended/reduced flights to KHI? Wonder what SR is going to do.

airmale

Sat Sep 29, 2001 7:15 pm

No idea, so far CX, SQ, BA, MS and LH cargo have suspended their Pakistan servcies, Im not sure but think that CA, AF cargo and Cargolux have too as PIA have been inundated with cargo requests, GF have suspended Peshawar, EK are reducing frequencies both EK and GF will suspend services once a decision has been reached by tehir management regarding the regional turmoil and MH are waiting for IATA to decide on what to do about their KHI service dont know anything about SR, by the way I quit my job at the airport in July so Im not that well informed about the situation Smile

hkgspotter1

Sat Sep 29, 2001 7:59 pm

Sorry Airmale,

I mean the fact they cancelled the route. They should tell the truth, people dont want to go to Pakistan and I dont see why they will on Oct 28th !!. I see this route being stopped for a long time.

airmale

Sun Sep 30, 2001 12:02 am

I think CX were catering mostly to people travelling from the U.S west coast to Pakistan and vice versa especially Pakistani immigrants I also believe their Karachi-Bangkok leg was doing better than the Hong Kong one Smile