Ryanair £1.99 STANSTEAD-EUROPE.

Sat Sep 29, 2001 11:41 pm

I recently was looking to book a cheap flight with Ryanair to find that their fares are crazily cheap!
unbelievably cheap. I tried various italian cities to find, fares varied between £1.99- £18!
It was crazy but i'm flying next week for £4 return. How do they pay for their fuel? I don't know. It seems the cheapest fare in the world ever.

RE: Ryanair £1.99 STANSTEAD-EUROPE.

Sat Sep 29, 2001 11:56 pm

We had a deal here in the US, to LAS, you pay a dollar to get there and 24 dollars back... Thats pretty cheap. I dont know from where or what airline.

Jaspike

Sun Sep 30, 2001 3:58 am

I saw it on GMTV the other morning.

(No, I'm not that mental, I don't always watch GMTV! Nuts)

Big thumbs up

Jas

OO-VEG

Sun Sep 30, 2001 4:05 am

I belive you have to pay for several services like onboard radia, magazines, drinks etc. This way you should be spending more money to cover a bit of the costs. Furthermore there is almost no landing fee for airports as well as a minimum of airport tax.

flashmeister

Sun Sep 30, 2001 4:10 am

The airline here in the US was National.

Sun Sep 30, 2001 4:22 am

Contracting services to third parties, cheap 2nd hand planes (to start off with), no landing fees (airports even pay FR to land), food & duty-free sold at above-average cost, all sorts of expensive fees to make changes, where changes can't be made, pax are asked to purchase a new ticket at full-fare (still cheaper than BA etc.), credit-card fees, telephone numbers available, but at premium rates (50p/minute), credit card "handling fee" if you book with Visa etc., more fees if you book by phone, tickets are electronic (money saved as opposed to issuing paper tickets),
only a limited number of seats per aircraft sold at bargain prices; fares increase rapidly once those seats are sold.

Multi-skilled staff (check-in agents, gate agents all the same), cabin crew also clean the a/c and all staff have to pay a flat fee of £25 for a RT on any FR flight.

And those are some of the "tricks" that these no-frills airlines employ to make money; my hat off to them for allowing even students to jump on the plane at the weekend  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Regards

Oh, and by the by, it's StanSTED not STEAD. Cheers & happy flying.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos