Ryanair £1.99 STANSTEAD-EUROPE.

Sat Sep 29, 2001 11:41 pm

I recently was looking to book a cheap flight with Ryanair to find that their fares are crazily cheap!
unbelievably cheap. I tried various italian cities to find, fares varied between £1.99- £18!
It was crazy but i'm flying next week for £4 return. How do they pay for their fuel? I don't know. It seems the cheapest fare in the world ever.

RE: Ryanair £1.99 STANSTEAD-EUROPE.

Sat Sep 29, 2001 11:56 pm

We had a deal here in the US, to LAS, you pay a dollar to get there and 24 dollars back... Thats pretty cheap. I dont know from where or what airline.

Jaspike

Sun Sep 30, 2001 3:58 am

I saw it on GMTV the other morning.

(No, I'm not that mental, I don't always watch GMTV! Nuts)

Big thumbs up

Jas

OO-VEG

Sun Sep 30, 2001 4:05 am

I belive you have to pay for several services like onboard radia, magazines, drinks etc. This way you should be spending more money to cover a bit of the costs. Furthermore there is almost no landing fee for airports as well as a minimum of airport tax.

flashmeister

Sun Sep 30, 2001 4:10 am

The airline here in the US was National.

Sun Sep 30, 2001 4:22 am

Contracting services to third parties, cheap 2nd hand planes (to start off with), no landing fees (airports even pay FR to land), food & duty-free sold at above-average cost, all sorts of expensive fees to make changes, where changes can't be made, pax are asked to purchase a new ticket at full-fare (still cheaper than BA etc.), credit-card fees, telephone numbers available, but at premium rates (50p/minute), credit card "handling fee" if you book with Visa etc., more fees if you book by phone, tickets are electronic (money saved as opposed to issuing paper tickets),
only a limited number of seats per aircraft sold at bargain prices; fares increase rapidly once those seats are sold.

Multi-skilled staff (check-in agents, gate agents all the same), cabin crew also clean the a/c and all staff have to pay a flat fee of £25 for a RT on any FR flight.

And those are some of the "tricks" that these no-frills airlines employ to make money; my hat off to them for allowing even students to jump on the plane at the weekend  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Regards

Oh, and by the by, it's StanSTED not STEAD. Cheers & happy flying.