sccutler

Interesting Article- Líneas Aéreas Azteca & Others

Tue Oct 02, 2001 10:21 pm

Nice write-up about current expansion of new airlines in México- focusing on Líneas Aéreas Azteca. It seems to me that México is primed for a great deal of airline expansion, and (as a resident of the former Mexican territory of Texas) I welcome it.

See:

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/stories/485630_mexjets_02bus..html
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

Republic

RE: Interesting Article- Líneas Aéreas Azteca & Others

Tue Oct 02, 2001 11:45 pm

Great bit of info here.

Anyone know if there are any flights to/from Laredo to Mexico, or do all flights go in/out of Nuevo Laredo?

Joe

lindy field

Wed Oct 03, 2001 12:24 am

I think this is a very positive development in Mexican aviation. I wish these airlines the best.

LatinPlane

Wed Oct 03, 2001 2:44 am

Very interesting article. I hope the best for these new airlines. I also agree with their philosophy of not going head to head with the likes of AeroMexico and Mexicana on international routes and focusing in on smaller cities like El Paso and Albuquerque, where there is demand that is not currently being serviced.

I really hope they make it. It would be nice if the Mexican aviation industry continues it's years of growth despite it's heavy dependence on the U.S. economy.

Smile LatinPlane
Pan Am - The World's Most Experienced Airline.

ghost77

Wed Oct 03, 2001 4:12 am

Wow, what an article!!

For Republic;
This service was suspend on 1994, cause goverment make some changes... they said that you can bring $300usd in Merchandise or stuff... and before 94 it was $600usd per person... so the flights were going empty so Aeromexico decide to suspend the service to Laredo. Or I think it was Continental... I don´t remember well.

ghost77  Smile
Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!