coyoteguy

Albuquerque, NM

Wed Oct 03, 2001 9:39 pm

I saw what looks like an ex- British Airways 747 in ABQ on Sunday. It's been there for ages, I remember seeing it before. Basic BA colors, no engines, and in bad shape. Anyone know how it got there?

Also saw a Lockheed Constellation behind the Eclipse Aviation building - lovely silver plane. Anyone know if it still flies, and if so, do they take passengers?

Thanks

ABQ757

RE: Albuquerque, NM

Thu Oct 04, 2001 7:11 am

The BA 741 G-ANWH was used for testing by Sandia National Labs and it is probably going to be here forever. I keep trying to get a pic of it, but always seem to go on bad days. The BA 741 came from ROW where there a lot of them stored. As for the Constellation, I will have to look into that for you and let you know.

Gabe

redngold

Thu Oct 04, 2001 9:46 am

Hey Coyoteguy and ABQ757, what's up? As a former Lobo, I miss ABQ a lot. When I was there, they were still using 17/35 on a regular basis. Can y'all submit some photos from ABQ so there's more (and updated) stuff in the database (Johan, are you reading this? ABQ hardly has anything... please be a little less selective to add more variety)

redngold
Up, up and away!

coyoteguy

Thu Oct 04, 2001 9:16 pm

Thanks for the reply ABQ757. If you find anything on the Connie I'd love to know.

I was up at the viewing area on Sunday morning, nice place, but not the greatest for taking pictures. Great photography conditions in ABQ though - such clear air and sharp light. I love that airport.

ABQ757

Sat Oct 06, 2001 7:23 am

I have about 15-20 pics from ABQ, with a few being at the Viewing Area and some from inside the terminal. I don't have the greatest technology computer wise so I can get them on the site just yet. Hopefully in the next few months I can get a better computer and get the pics on the site. I am really tired of seeing the same 4 pics of ABQ from 1986. And plus ABQ needs some representin'

Gabe

IMissPiedmont

Sat Oct 06, 2001 11:33 am

I do believe the Connie is "Columbine II". If so, it is no longer airworthy and awaits a fine museum to retire to.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos