na

Cargolux Modified Livery. Question

Fri Oct 05, 2001 1:26 am

Cargolux recently modified its livery. So far at least two aircraft are painted in the new colours, one of them Cargolux newest 744, registered LX-SCV.

I have two questions. On pictures I´ve seen (strange enough there is not a single one on airliners.net!) the modified livery appears to be having a lighter tone of grey than before. Is that true?
Also: Does somebody know the name LX-SCV was given?

airbus380

RE: Cargolux Modified Livery. Question

Fri Oct 05, 2001 1:28 am

Hmm. Good question.

patroni

RE: Cargolux Modified Livery. Question

Fri Oct 05, 2001 3:05 am

Hello,

the first aircraft to receive the new livery was LX-ICV (the original prototype of the 744F). It got the livery while undergoing a D-Check in June. So far no other aircraft got the new paintscheme.

LX-SCV was delivered to Cargolux on 08. August and carries the name "City of Niederanven". Niederanven is located a few km away from Luxembourg airport.

I think that the grey only appears to be lighter because of the greater area of grey, otherwise I would say that the basic color is still the same as before.

Best regards,

Tom