SouthRebels
Topic Author

A.Net Used By Exec's, Etc........

Mon Oct 08, 2001 1:42 pm

I was thinking about something. How many airline executives, decision makers, or airplane makers do you think visit the forums? If I were one of them I would check it out every so often to see what people are saying. It's just a thought, what do you all think?

PanAm747

RE: A.Net Used By Exec's, Etc........

Mon Oct 08, 2001 1:49 pm

Gangwal from USAir has posted from before. Search for "RGangwal".

"If I were one of them I would check it out every so often to see what people are saying. It's just a thought, what do you all think?"

But they have entire Marketing depts. that research customer's opinions.
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

Mon Oct 08, 2001 3:09 pm

Airline Executives? Probably not. They have better things to do than look what a few teenagers are saying in this forum. Terrorists? You can bet they have been to airliners.net and most aviation websites. Just try and do a search on landings.com. Too much critical information there.
For the most part airliners.net is good for one thing and that is airliner photos. Posts on here are just for people to spout off and pass tid bits of gossip. If thats your cup of tea... great!
Do a search for "mechanical problem" on here and you will see some interesting photos.

VapourTrails

Mon Oct 08, 2001 7:32 pm

I have thought this and it's my bet that they definitely visit these forums to see what's being said (or should!). These forums are very thorough, detailed and cover every aspect of aviation. The members here are of many ages, nationalities, from enthusiasts to professionals.

If I was an exec. and I knew about A.net I would have a look at what is being said. I'm sure some of it would be of value. What the airline's customers are saying about their airline and what they like and dislike, say for marketing purposes, would be one example.
From Australia. Qantas - Spirit of Australia.

cedarjet

Mon Oct 08, 2001 8:23 pm

I'm sure they visit. There are some fascinating and insightful views expressed here (mostly by me, hoho) and some incredible bullshit, these guys (and ladies) all have laptops and I'm sure the temptation to check in and get some ideas and/or have a giggle is irresistable. As our friend from USAirways has proved.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz