JetBlue To GRR/FNT

Mon Oct 08, 2001 1:54 pm

When will GRR and FNT be added to the Jetblue routing system?

RE: JetBlue To GRR/FNT

Mon Oct 08, 2001 2:33 pm

One of these cities needs to be the next... Way before PDX.

5280AGL

Mon Oct 08, 2001 2:51 pm

Why would these cities need to be before PDX? Give me a break...GRR and FNT are probably at the bottom of their list, if they ever get JB service at all.

Mon Oct 08, 2001 6:48 pm

They don't need to be the next. They serve Burlington but don't serve BOS/CHI.

Mon Oct 08, 2001 11:09 pm

HO HUM... PDX isnt even on their initial list, as is GRR/FNY... I am good! I hope GRR/FNT get JetBlue REAL fast.

What cities do you plan to serve?

The company has not yet announced its final route structure but is considering service within the next 4 years to: Atlanta; Boston; Canton/Akron; Charleston, SC; Charleston, WV; Charlotte; Chicago; Cincinnati; Cleveland; Columbia, SC; Columbus, OH; Dallas/Fort Worth; Dayton; Flint, MI; Grand Rapids, MI; Greensboro, NC; Greenville/Spartanburg; Houston; Indianapolis; Jacksonville, FL; Louisville; Memphis; Milwaukee; Minneapolis/St Paul; Nashville; Norfolk; Pittsburgh; Portland, ME; Raleigh/Durham; Richmond and Savannah

chepos

Tue Oct 09, 2001 2:14 am

Hopefully someday they will add service into SJU.
Chepos
Fly the Flag!!!!

LV

Tue Oct 09, 2001 2:29 am

I think before it can really expand JB needs to ask itself, "what is our focus in light of september 11th?" They have been a very New York centered airline but that strategy might not work anymore. So until they rethink the strategy they have been using, ask yourself "will this service work out of JFK?" Wherever JFK O&D wants to go, thats were JB is going.

airlinelover

Tue Oct 09, 2001 2:58 am

I would REALLY like to see them come to FNT..

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

spinkid

Boeing757fan

Tue Oct 09, 2001 3:24 am

Boeing757fan, Where did you find that list of cities that jetBlue is going to serve. It's not what I've seen.

On their website, when you look at the Press Releases, they do have plans to serve PDX in the near future.

But in general, you never know where they are going to go next, or where any airline is going to go next.

Gates become available, financial incentives become available from airports etc, so it's always a surprise.

Tue Oct 09, 2001 4:15 am

Obviously you didnt look that well.

http://www.jetblue.com/learnmore/faq.html

DOH!

CactusA319

Tue Oct 09, 2001 5:33 am

Probably when the economy gets better, and the airlines are able to regroup and move on. I wouldn't look for JB to expand until next spring at the latest. And if and when they do announce new cities, I doubt FNT will be anywhere near the top of that list. Not when they lack service to the Chicago area, ATL, Dallas, and other MAJOR cities.

heavymetal

Tue Oct 09, 2001 5:38 am

Nice try, Trojan!

GRR?.... maybe...... when Amway and the DeVos family get a little further along in their quest for planet domination.

FNT? The only Flint the average New Yorker cares about is the one who publishes the magazines!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Tue Oct 09, 2001 5:40 am

This was coming from JetBlue, not me.

N509JB

Answers

Tue Oct 09, 2001 7:43 am

Cactus is right, dont look for anything big untill the spring most likely, thats when IAD service will start at least.

Dont hold yer breath on GRR or FNT, i dont see it happening untill maybe 2003. i havent heard anything about either one, i dont think they are very high priority.

PDX will be one of the 1st cities we serve from LGB most likely.

please dont start asking me "will jetblue fly to XXX?" what happened the 11th changes a lot. once i hear some strong rumors, ill post them.

N

Tue Oct 09, 2001 5:33 pm

Boeing757fan:

>>JetBlue is considering service from Long Beach to another 13 cities from Long Beach including Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Denver, CO, Dallas, TX, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Houston, TX, Las Vegas, NV, Oakland, CA, Portland, OR, Phoenix, AZ, Sacramento, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, and Seattle, WA.<<

This list might be a little more important to them as many NYers aren't flying. PLUS, there is a chance that they might serve TOL instead of those Northern DTW alternatives.