BelugaBoy
Topic Author

And Another One : Plane Missing In Spain

Thu Oct 11, 2001 3:56 pm

I just read on a website of a Belgian newspaper that a charter airplane , going from Spain (Barcelona) to Algeria (Oran) disappeared from radar yesterday evening.
It had requested that it could change his route due to bad weather but later it disappeared from the radar. Spanish rescue teams where searching the area but where unsuccesfull.
The plane was owned by 'Flight Line' and was carying 7 passengers and 2 crew.
Accorfding to a Spanish news source the passengers are all American managers.

Anyone has more information on this ? Apparanetly this article was put on the site at 21.45 local time. Wednesday evening. Is there already more information at this moment ?

mighluss

RE: And Another One : Plane Missing In Spain

Thu Oct 11, 2001 4:49 pm

It was a light jet ("metro") with eight american passengers, and two spanish crew. Took off from Barcelona at 10.20 AM and was expected at 11.58 AM at Oran. After 20' from take off crew made a request to change their route due the bad weather conditions, but a few after lost radar contact. The plane was from the company "Flight Line", sited in Barcelona, dedicated to charter light jets.

read complete article (inSpanish): http://www.lavanguardia.es/cgi-bin/noticia.pl?link=vb1130a&sec=soc&dia=11_10
Miquel.

TCA256

RE: And Another One : Plane Missing In Spain

Thu Oct 11, 2001 4:56 pm

I confirm the information kindly provided by Minghluss...I
hope they have survived the crash!