TAA_Airbus
Topic Author

Australian A300 And Australian World Airways

Thu Oct 11, 2001 11:44 pm

Just a quick question.....or 2!
Recently I was reading through the Australian Aircraft Register and I noticed that there is a A300 registered in Australia. Can someone tell me where this aircraft spends most of its time and what does it spend its time doing? ie. who owns and operates it!!!

Secondly, last year I remember reading about a privately owned Australian Registered 747 SP which was going to be used to start up a International carrier entitled Australian World Airways. I beleive it would operate Eastern Seaboard to London at highly discounted rates.

I'm sure this idea is now dead and burried, but if its not, could someone shed some light on it. ITs had me puzzled for 12 months. Basically any information will be great, who owns its, does it fly, where is it now, whats it look like (colourwise) etc.

Thanks Guys...annd gals

Cheerio
Lozza
TAA_Airbus

BLACK BOX

RE: Australian A300 And Australian World Airways

Thu Oct 11, 2001 11:59 pm

AWAS (Ansett Worldwide Aviation Services), an aircraft leasing company, which incidently is completely independant from Ansett Airlines, has its A300-600Rs on the Australian register from time to time.

They never actually operate in Australia, and sometimes on short leases carry a VH registration when operating for a foreign airline.

Last I heard that SP was operating out of the Comoros.

Fri Oct 12, 2001 6:19 am

The A300, as Black Box mentioned, is owned by AWAS. the last I know of their A300, it was operating with Guyana Airways 2000, before that airline decided it was too big and downsized to a 757 instead. AWAS also has aircraft with Regional Air in Kenya (737-300s I think).

This is the outfit who had the 747SP

http://www.global-air.org/

Of course, as mentioned it is now in the Comoros.

Cheers

Scotty

TAA_Airbus
Topic Author

Fri Oct 12, 2001 7:17 pm

cheers blokes!

I suspected it may belong to Ansett Worldwide, but wasnt sure.

As for Australian World Airways, that idea is dead and burried is it not???