MAH4546
Topic Author

AeroMexico Cuts Phoenix; ATL, JFK Routes

Sat Oct 13, 2001 1:12 am

AeroMexico has suspened the following routes, and I believe this means a suspension of all Phoenix flights:
Atlanta-Cozumel
New York-Monterrey-Guadalajara
Phoenix-Guayamas
Phoenix-Mexico City

Thanks to justplanes.com for info.

a.

AM

RE: AeroMexico Cuts Phoenix; ATL, JFK Routes

Sat Oct 13, 2001 4:19 am

Obvious routes to cut during this difficult situation. GDL-MTY-JFK was never much of a success.

Phoenix routes also include:

- Guadalajara - Phoenix
- Hermosillo - Phoenix

So are these still operating?
"... for there you have been and there you will long to return."

ghost77

Sat Oct 13, 2001 5:29 am

I know that the

MEX-GDL-PHX still operating also the
MEX-HMO-PHX.

This is because AM can compete with Airlines of the US, because they reduce the cost of the ticket around a 40% so, most of the people don´t want to fly on AM or MX.

About the GDL-MTY-MEX, it was a good route.. because to many people from MTY fly to New York.

Rich  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

jmacias34

Sat Oct 13, 2001 5:29 am

Will Ontario (KONT) be next?

LatinPlane

Sat Oct 13, 2001 5:51 am

I pretty much expected those routes to go. Although MTY has alot of business traffic. I don't think that the JFK-MTY-GDL route was doing too well because it was brand new and after 9/11 it had no change to be developed. The other routes wear also weak in demand.

In any case, this is just a very tiny fraction of all the routes to the U.S. so it's just a minor route reduction. AM had to let go of 3 planes so with less planes the weakest routes had to go.

According what I read here Salt Lake City will still be inagurated. Not sure if the Milan route will still be inagurated in time for next summer. I don't know wether people will return to normal by then.

Ontario is also a bit weak, but the route is only flown 3 times during the weekend so I don't believe they will let it go as it has potential to be developed.

Smile LatinPlane
Pan Am - The World's Most Experienced Airline.

Sat Oct 13, 2001 10:32 am

The Salt Lake City route is for the most part only for the winter months. One of the travel companies here in SLC has been chartering for years, and as part of the deal to get AM to SLC they agreed to buy a certain number of seats on the AM flights. I suppose that the number of seats that they have agreed to purchase makes it worthwhile to them to go ahead with the ramp of these flights.