The State Of Air Canada, How Is It Doing?

Sat Oct 13, 2001 9:36 am

Aloha!

OK, I heard a rumor that Air Canada has filed bankrupts. I would just like to ask if this is true. If it is, do you think there's a good chance that the Canadian government will help out AC, considering that they are the largest Canadian airline? The blow to the canadian airline industry would be fatal if AC were left to die, and I don't think Westjet could pick up all the routes.

I hope it isn't true. Go Air Canada!

Also, if this has been previously discussed I apologize, I haven't seen any mention...

Aloha 737-200!!  Wink/being sarcastic

fallingeese

RE: The State Of Air Canada, How Is It Doing?

Sat Oct 13, 2001 10:10 am

Air Canada has not filed for bankruptcy...or at least not yet. They aren't doing to well and their market share in Canada is quickly slipping. Air Canada requested major help which is currently being looked at by the Canadian government, but the truth is that Air Canada is in bad shape. They are loosing alot of money and are only worth around 200 million dollars i believe.

btw... There have been a few discussions that this has been brought up in but no forums started. Search in the last week for Air Canada, and I'm sure you'll find a ton of interesting things...
Mark McWhirter...Contrails Photography

Mark_D.

RE: The State Of Air Canada, How Is It Doing?

Sat Oct 13, 2001 10:19 am

Aloha 737-200--OK, I heard a rumor that Air Canada has filed bankrupts.

LOL Aloha, who'd you hear it from?  Big grin

Also, if this has been previously discussed I apologize, I haven't seen any mention...

There're a few related threads, here and there, past few days. Some of them still not yet deleted either!