El Al 001
Topic Author

TLV Update; More Bad News.

Fri Oct 19, 2001 8:58 pm

Hello guys!

-In a not surprisng time at all, AC had published it's plans regarding it's YYZ-TLV route, the airline would axe 2 weekly flights on this route, leaving it with 5 weekly nonstop flights operated by 763s.
This change is effective untill December.

-Since last week, Swissair is operating an A321 instead of A332 on all of it's 14 weekly flights to TLV.

-AeroLoyd would axe TLV from its network.

-The only European airline that didnt decrease it's operation to TLV yet is Lufthansa.
The airline flies 2 daily A343 to TLV from FRA, and another 3 weekly flights to TLV from MUC, also operated by A343.
The airline was thinking of downgrading MUC-TLV to an A320 but since it has a great cargo demand for this route the a/c would remain as A343.

Sad, isnt it???!
Michael.

RE: TLV Update; More Bad News.

Fri Oct 19, 2001 9:05 pm

since when was the Munich flight on A343s?

I've heard some days ago that LY was " again authorised" to carry cargo on its transatlantic flights; what does that mean? who had forbidden this?

flumuc

Sun Oct 21, 2001 6:30 am

Lufthansa will definitly chance the aircraft on TLV-MUC to A320 in the new winter schedule.

El Al 001
Topic Author

Tue Oct 23, 2001 2:46 am

Lufthansa has a great cargo demeand for this route;
Infact, all cargo capacity on its TLV-MUC route is already sold untill year's end.

LH's A32X are not good for those meduim flights,
They dont even have any TV monitors, no IFE at all!!
And I wouldnt mention their C/J class seats and pitch....

David, LH has been flying A343 from MUC to TLV since last April....

Michael

Tue Oct 23, 2001 2:50 am

thanks

"LH's A32X are not good for those meduim flights,
They dont even have any TV monitors"

- LY's 737s neither, I guess?

BlueShamu330s

Tue Oct 23, 2001 3:00 am

Can anyone shed any light on why TLV-MAN was axed ?

The loads were always very good (Manchester has such a historical and important link with Israel).

I believe even the Jewish Chronicle objected to El Al over the cessation of the route.

Anyone from El Al on here ?

Will the route return?

If it made money in the past with a 762 or 757, I would have expected it to be a real money spinner with a 738 on it.
So I drive a 4x4. So what?! Tax the a$$ off me for it...oh, you already have... :-(

El Al 001
Topic Author

Tue Oct 23, 2001 3:16 am

No No NO!!!

LY's 737 sure has IFE on boared.
They have 2x LCD monitors every 2-3 rows and they have 12 music channels.

El Al 001
Topic Author

Tue Oct 23, 2001 3:26 am

LY's TLV-MAN (LY311/2) was operated twice a week with 737/757.
I flew on this route at 1994 by a 757, IIRC it was a full flight.

Thing is that this route never made any money and therefore was axed.
LY had always problems with all of those twice weekly serviced routes, they are not making any money, same was with LIS, HEL, ARN etc'

Maybe, when things gets brighter in my Israel, LY would visit MAN again....

Michael

ly772

Tue Oct 23, 2001 3:30 am

Well there goes my AC A340 thing I was telling you about. Err....I was really looking forward to going out to TLV and seeing an AC 340 on the tarmac.

El Al 001:
WHere do you live?

Are the Izraeli towers a good spot to take photos of airplanes?

If not, where do you take your pictures?

El Al 001
Topic Author

Tue Oct 23, 2001 3:44 am

Ben, it's the 3rd time you ask me that question..... why is it so important to you????

As for the AC's A340, I know that we are friends now, but i must say: TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!

Have you been to the top of the Azrieli towers??? I've been.... I'ts too far for anything special.....

Best place for spotting would be..... e.m for that, I do not post this kind of info on the net, security reasons, and I mean it!
-Once when youll be here around I would take you there.... OK?!

Michael

ishky15

RE: Question

Tue Oct 23, 2001 5:03 am

Any word yet on whether Continental will go ahead with plans to start the second daily flight to Tel Aviv next March? I know that they're recieving two more 777s in 2002, so aircraft shortage probably won't be a problem.

lmml 14/32

Tue Oct 23, 2001 5:08 am

Even AirMalta is suspending flights to TLV

TCA256

Tue Oct 23, 2001 6:04 pm

A nice place to spot aircrafts...I mean small one from
Arkia and Israir is the Sde Dov airport close to the
beach at Ramat Aviv: just take a towel and a few
beers, lie under the sun and see the aircrafts flying
over you on very low approach...!!!...About BGN ?
well...I know a few places but I've experiences of
security guards harassing me so I'm not losing my time
there anymore...A nice spot also is the Bahai temple
in Haifa, on the top of the site, you can see aircrafts
flying nearly at the same altitude than you...over the
sea..on their way to/from the airport in the industrial zone!
Eilat kicks ass...the best spotting place in Israel as it's
free, in the middle of the town but I'm litte bit upset
now that they put adverts on the fences  Sad

Shalom haverim and peace for all...

Tue Oct 23, 2001 7:26 pm

the new Bahai gardens are somptuous, it's the only beautiful place left in Haifa...
But to see aircrafts landing/departing Kishon airport, it's really very far (you'd need a strong tele). It would be better to go somewhere around the airport, in the so beautiful Haifa Bay.

El Al 001
Topic Author

Tue Oct 23, 2001 9:40 pm

Sde Dov is soooo boring!
I always go to the beach that is located in the begining of RWY21,
All you get to see are DHC-7s, ATR72s and 42s, bound to/from ETH, RPN, KSW and sometimes TLV & HFA.

Eilat is SUPER!!!! You can just stand 30 metters from a 757/737/ATR42/ATR72/DHC-7 that is about to t/o, Also when they land it's amazing!!!

Michael

ly772

Wed Oct 24, 2001 12:07 am

Eilat (ETH) is great.

I've went to Tel Aviv to spot at Sde Dov a while ago, and I was extremely bored. Airplanes come in only like once every half hour. Oh, and I got a 200 shekel fine from the police, although I am still battling it out, because I didn't think that Sde Dov was also Military.

Haifa:
Why is Bahaim the only nice place left in Haifa? So I know that Hadar is now Moscow 2, but hey...the entire Carmel area is nice. As for spotting at HFA, well I live in "Denia" so I see every plane that takes off because they fly along the beach, not over Haifa. A good place to spot is on the road that goes from the Checkpost to the Krayot/Akko/Naharayia/Galil. If you go there, and stop in the field before the 2 huge water coolers, you are right under all approaches. Usually you see Cesnas, sometimes IAF fighters, and every hour or so you can see Israir and Arkia planes.

Did anyone here hear that HFA is expanding the airport? They are making the runway big enough for a 757 to land and I heard that some Turkish/Greek charters are looking forward to having flights to HFA. Maybe El Al, Arkia, or Israir will start flights from HFA too. Also, a terminal with gates will be built. I'm so happy. I think Haifa is the fourth biggest commercial airport in Israel (TLV, ETH, SDV, then HFA, right?)

Michael: "I told you so!" You win, I loose, happy?  Smile/happy/getting dizzy About spotting with you at TLV, that sounds great! ...if I knew in what city to find you?  Wink/being sarcastic  Wink/being sarcastic

El Al 001
Topic Author

Wed Oct 24, 2001 3:16 am

Swissair said today that it would return to A332 on its TLV-ZRH route, twice a day.

Ben, which grade are you?

Mike

ly772

Wed Oct 24, 2001 4:08 am

YEUD, ATA?

El Al 001
Topic Author

Wed Oct 24, 2001 4:25 am

shminist

PU803

Wed Oct 24, 2001 4:47 am

Shalom ieladim, ein ma laasot, ein eifo letzalem bahaaretz. Pashut haiabim latus lehul.

Tisa neima, Ido

El Al 001
Topic Author

Wed Oct 24, 2001 4:54 am

ever heared of מקום שנקרא אור יהודה ????

לעולם לא כותבים על ספוטינג בישראל באינטרנט, מה קרה לביטחון שדה שלכם???!!!

NEVER EVER!!! got that?!

Michael

Wed Oct 24, 2001 5:12 pm

When El-Al had its wonderful livery I would have been highly interested to find some good place for spotting in Israel; but now...
btw, what are your security concerns?? it's anyway not difficult to be close to the airplanes around TLV. And what is so special with O.Y?!

LY772,
with the lands belongings to the Carmelite monastery, the Bahai gardens are the only unbuilt areas in Haifa; and since Haifa is horribly built, these are the only beautiful places left!
Denia is actually a beautiful place to live in.

"Did anyone here hear that HFA is expanding the airport? They are making the runway big enough for a 757 to land"
- Ha ha, yes, I've heard this thousand times already, during the last 20 years! So, it's like El-Al's "imminent" privatization, I have some problem believing it...
BTW, Crossair was once interested to open a route to HFA when there were...plans to expend the runway. It would have been ideal for me, since my grandparents are living 5 min from the airport in Kiriat Haim; it is so unpleasant to get to/from BGN, especially for LY's morning flights.
I've heard once that Arkia was going to organize feeder flights between HFA and BGN, but as far as I know nothing materialized. Any information??