Western737
Topic Author

Who Will Win Order From Qantas?

Tue Oct 23, 2001 2:20 am

It looks like it is going to be an interesting to see what Qantas will decide which narrowbody airliner to order.

BBD

RE: Who Will Win Order From Qantas?

Tue Oct 23, 2001 11:46 am

An article in todays "Australian" newspaper on the "Airbus, Boeing dogfight" states that:
".....a Qantas spokeswoman said that the order could be split between the two manufacturers....."
Interestingly, although one contributor in another forum offered a similar scenario, this is the first time that it has been "officially" mentioned [assuming we take the article on face value].
Personally, I can't see a positive aspect (as opposed to a number of negative aspects) in such a deal, other than QF wanting to stay in both companies' good books - a situation that, in today's buyers' market, should not be necessary.

QANTASforever

RE: Who Will Win Order From Qantas?

Tue Oct 23, 2001 2:55 pm

I agree with BBD,

I have said in an earlier post that I imagine that Qantas will go with a split deal considering the large Airbus presence about to occur in QF and the existing 737s.
They will more than manage to cope with these AC in a mechanical sence and may also boost the argument that Qantas has on the idea of QF buying AN A320's.

Time will tell I suppose, speaking of which, when will we know??

Blake
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.