AA757
Topic Author

Delta

Thu Jul 15, 1999 7:05 am

Does Delta still fly to Edmonton and Calgary?

American 767

RE: Delta

Thu Jul 15, 1999 7:14 am

I don't know. Check on Delta's website, you may find out. If they do, they would fly to those places maybe out of Atlanta but definitely out of Salt Lake City.
Why? Are you planning a trip there?

Ben Soriano
Brussels Belgium
Ben Soriano

Thu Jul 15, 1999 9:35 am

I'm not sure if Delta still flies to Edmonton or not. I remember Delta Flight 1642 used to do Edmonton-Salt Lake City - Albuquerque - El Paso... but now it only does SLC-ABQ-ELP so I'm thinking maybe DL pulled out of Edmonton. Just an observation on my part so don't quote me on that.

On another note, I've noticed that Delta keeps their flight numbers for quite some time. The above route has had the flight number 1642 for years.

Thu Jul 15, 1999 10:29 am

Hi :

Delta flies to 4 cities in Canada : Montreal, Toronto (from Cincinnati, Atlanta), Calgary, Vancouver (from Salt Lake City).

E-Mail me if you need more info.

Andy

Fri Jul 16, 1999 12:37 am

Delta dropped service to Edmonton and Calgary last year. This was due to the fact they could make more money with the aircraft on hourly service from ATL to LGA, PHL, ORD, ERW, and BOS.

TAD

RE: Delta/777

Fri Jul 16, 1999 3:57 am

I've now read that DL are going ahead with the Deferral of their ENTIRE 777 fleet. The article mentions something on "pay disputes between pilots and management". Does anyone know the reason why Delta pilots are refusing to fly the 777? And what are the Delta management going to replace the 777 with-767-400's?

Fri Jul 16, 1999 5:15 am

Delta used to have B757 service to Vancouver from Atlanta, and possibly SLC. But, now they have stopped all service to YVR except for RJ service to Seattle operated by a Delta Connection affiliate.

The dispute with the B777 is that Delta and the pilots can not agree on pay per hour for that aircraft. If it doesn't get resolved, DL will likely cancel all B777s. I hope that they settle the dispute because I'm sick of all the transatlantic jumps on the old B767-300ERs.

Skywest Has Those Routes Now

Fri Jul 16, 1999 6:55 am

Skywest, a Delta Connection now operates YYC and YVR..Delta no longer services YEG...they closed that in April..hope this helps

twa747100

Fri Jul 16, 1999 2:05 pm

767-300 is a good plane not too old,
and i i think that the dl captins should be ashemed as should the dl corps
how hard is it to tell them (captins) how much $$$. and if the captins dont like that they can strike

deltairlines

Sat Jul 17, 1999 12:54 am

Delta Connection still flies to Calgary, but not Edmonton anymore. Delta has SkyWest going to YYC, with one flight a day from SLC, but thats it.

Jeff

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos