What Happened To AirPDX?

Thu Jul 15, 1999 12:53 pm

What ever happened to the inauguration of AirPDX? I think they changed their name to Coast Air halfway through the planning. They were supposed to fly 757's non-stop, roundtrip from PDX to JFK only. I tried to punch up their website (www.airpdx.com), but didn't get a response.

NAL757

FLY777UAL

RE: What Happened To AirPDX?

Thu Jul 15, 1999 1:32 pm

AirPDX is now "The Coast Airlines" (the ''THE" is included in the name). They are planning on flying A320's with 132 passengers between JFK and SEA, PDX, OAK, and BUR. They can be found at http://www.flythecoast.com

FLY777UAL

United777

Thu Jul 15, 1999 2:01 pm

The Coast Airline is planning to get goverment approval and plans to only start Airbus A320 service between Portland and New York - JFK. It will be some time until they expand to Seattle, Oakland and Burbank.

Thu Jul 15, 1999 6:00 pm

Thanks for the info guys. I was starting to worry there for a moment. You guys are right, they are using the Airbus. I hadn't been to their site in a while and forgot which equipment they were going to start with. That's interesting that they are going to OAK, SEA and BUR. I thought their pitch was not enough flights to JFK from PDX and that's the market they were targeting. It's nice to know they are looking past the one route system only. Thanks again!

NAL757