lindy field

Any News From Grounded Emery?

Wed Nov 07, 2001 2:16 pm

Some of you may remember that Emery Worldwide Cargo air operations have been temporarily halted after the FAA suspended their license. Does anyone have any info on what Emery is doing to get back in the air and when they might be airborne again?

Also, Emery contracted with other carriers to fly on their behalf. Who took over the contract at your local airport?

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Leonardo Oliveira

KAL_LM

RE: Any News From Grounded Emery?

Wed Nov 07, 2001 2:24 pm

Haven't seen anything from Emery, heard they were working with the FAA to pay-off the fines and get thier records back in order to get airborne again.
Locally at PDX I've seen World Cargo DC-10s and ExpressNet(?) A300s running Emery's ops. Thought I saw a Emery 727 about 2 weeks ago but can't confirm it.

They've still got a lot of work ahead of them.

Then you have to ask is it still going to be worth it for them to continue flying. I've heard rumors that BAX will be moving to an all truck operation in the next 2 years, but that's just a rumor floating around out there. Who knows where they'll be if they can get back in the air.(If they haven;t already...)

Just my 2 bits,
Tom
is that a light at the end of the tunnel or just a train?

lindy field

Wed Nov 07, 2001 10:09 pm

Anybody else heard any word from Emery?

Falcon Flyer

Wed Nov 07, 2001 11:05 pm

The Emery painted 727s are operated by Ryan. Gemini has been operating some Emery services also. With 100% of the company's lift contracted out and the high cost of running its own airline, it doesn't seem that CNF is in that much of a hurry to get the operation airborne again. I have also heard that it may never happen.
My definition of cool ? Not trying so hard to be cool.

Trvlr

Thu Nov 08, 2001 2:34 am

In San Diego, I at first saw a World DC-10 take over for Emery, then an Express.net A300, and now a Tradewinds A300 I believe.

Aaron G.