RJ_Delta
Topic Author

Emirates Possible Customer Of The Sonic Cruiser

Sat Nov 10, 2001 9:52 am

Hi all:

Emirates the flag carrier of the U.A.E. and the best airline of the world is seriously considering the possibility of being the launch customer of the Boeing Sonic Cruiser, assuming Boeing can deliver on preliminary performance projection.

Best regards,
RJ_Delta.

fly_emirates

RE: Emirates Possible Customer Of The Sonic Cruiser

Sat Nov 10, 2001 10:18 am

Yes, you are absolutely true,

our chariman his royal Higness , Sheik Ahmed Almaktoom.. has shown some interest in this plane as far as i know.

Sat Nov 10, 2001 12:21 pm

Sure, whatever....Emirates is flying too high....better stay 'in' the 'ozone'.

Just because they have gazillions of dollars, they are buying like crazy....do you think that they have so many passengers? Also, I think they are playing a little leasing game as well. Sonic Cruiser, sure why not. But I believe they should first see the test flight reports which I think they already have.

GDB

Sat Nov 10, 2001 6:37 pm

Why not, they are buying everything else!
And much of what they've ordered so far will have been delivered by 2008/9 when SC comes along.

RJ_Delta
Topic Author

Sun Nov 11, 2001 4:39 am

Hi:

While many larger airlines are flying down, Emirates is flying very very high, recently they put a bigger order of new planes and soon will introduces new services to far destinations from Dubai. So if Emirates buy the Boeing Sonic Cruiser which would be the possible destination? Europe, North America or maybe South America.

Best Regards,
RJ_Delta.

flyinghighboy

Sun Nov 11, 2001 8:02 am

Rememer RJ that the SC's range was changed as they have to put diffrent engines or something on the lines of that. So they probably will have to leave ot to the A345 for non stop flights to the US.

RJ_Delta
Topic Author

Sun Nov 11, 2001 8:32 am

Yes, but the Sonic Cruiser would serve the European routes like London or Frankfurt.

Thanks Flyinghighboy,
Best Regards,
RJ_Delta.