9V-SPK
Topic Author

Cathay Pacific Suspends Flights To Istanbul.

Thu Nov 15, 2001 2:50 pm

Cathay has announced temporary suspension of flights to Istanbul.The suspension of the twice-weekly service will take immediate effect.The decision was taken in light of the difficult economic conditions currently affecting the aviation industry, which have led to a decline in passenger traffic between Hong Kong and Istanbul.

Route was served by A343 aircraft before.

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Andrew Hunt

Best Regards

SInGAPORE_AIR

RE: Cathay Pacific Suspends Flights To Istanbul.

Thu Nov 15, 2001 5:15 pm

Cathaypacfiic.COM

Cathay Pacific temporarily suspends flights to Istanbul

Cathay Pacific Airways regrets to announce the temporary suspension of its service to Istanbul in Turkey. The suspension of the twice-weekly service will take immediate effect. The decision was taken in light of the difficult economic conditions currently affecting the aviation industry, which have led to a decline in passenger traffic between Hong Kong and Istanbul.

Cathay Pacific sincerely regrets any inconvenience the service suspension will cause to customers. The airline is now contacting all passengers to help transfer them on to other airlines. It is hoped the service can be resumed as soon as circumstances permit.

Cathay Pacific Director Corporate Development Tony Tyler said: "We will be reviewing the market conditions again in early 2002. Like other airlines, Cathay Pacific is not immune to the effects of the global economic slowdown and we will continue to review carefully all aspects of our operations worldwide."

Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

IHadAPheo

Thu Nov 15, 2001 5:39 pm

Please give us OUR forums back....... What is happening to this site...... this is the kind of thing that gives forums bad names, sorry to rant but what does this have to do with anything even remotely aviation. God help us
Pray hard but pray with care For the tears that you are crying now Are just your answered prayers

Pacific

A Note About Ihadapheo's Post

Thu Nov 15, 2001 6:37 pm

Some guy posted explicit material which were deleted. Ihadapheo was referring to those.

Bad to see my home carrier in trouble! It's been in trouble for some time now.

Pacific

9V-SPK
Topic Author

Thu Nov 15, 2001 6:44 pm

Oh i see...i actually thought Ihadapheo was referring to this topic, and i didn't see what that guy posted.

It's not really in big trouble, and actually good to see CX cut routes that aren't making profits, but i've got news that CX will reduce more flights and cut destinations in the future, which i hope is NOT the truth.

Best Regards

jesseycy

Fri Nov 16, 2001 7:00 am

Is CX still making a profit now? I've been out of this type of news for quite some time....

Pacific

RE: 9V-SPK

Fri Nov 16, 2001 1:49 pm

That guy posted pictures only suitable for 18 and above (category 3). A.Net shut down for like 20 minutes and when it came back on line, it was gone.

CX first has industrial action (whose fault, I don't know) then the global slowdown and the Sept 11. I think times are very hard. It looks like CX is going to have loads of idle planes on the tarmac in the coming months which would really make CX bleed money.

Pacific