U N I T E D Is Coming Back!

Sat Nov 17, 2001 8:42 am

Press release from www.united.com:

http://www.ual.com/site/primaryPR/0,10026,1528_979,00.html

United to have one of the youngest fleets worldwide, and is strengthening its cash position.

This is a sigh of relief for us United fans. United will not die out; the money loss seems to be leveling off.

Come fly our new, young, safe, friendlier skies!

gf-a330

RE: U N I T E D Is Coming Back!

Sat Nov 17, 2001 8:45 am

Do you know if they are taking delivery of the 777's which PIA opted to purchase ??

serge

Sat Nov 17, 2001 8:47 am

:D Big grin Big grin

Already booked November 27th BIL - DEN, DEN - PHX and December 2nd PHX - DEN, DEN - BIL on United  Big thumbs up

:D Big grin Big grin

...Serge

azjubilee

Sat Nov 17, 2001 8:55 am

They're strengthening liquidity.. not cash reserves. This is all hype unless they can get control of the millions they're losing every day. The costs need to get controled and then red to disapear before they're 100% free and clear out of the water. But it is good to hear good news these days...

AZJ

ILUV767

Sat Nov 17, 2001 9:13 am

Good news indeed. Its nice to hear some nice things about UA, other than bad things.

I L U V 7 6 7

Sat Nov 17, 2001 9:59 am

"Friendly Skies", HA. I'm not interested. I'll take someone else now, such as Southwest or Delta. I have had rotten experiences with United.

penguinflies

Sat Nov 17, 2001 10:10 am

Seriously, I had this revelation for marketing

Bring back the friendly skies campaign.

People do remember when United was #1 worldwide and was a source of pride to see the italics on the side of the aircaft that says Worldwide Service. It didn't matter if they were going from Appleton to Chicago or from Tokyo to New York.

Bring back Gershwin. Bring back that preception. Not of where you are going tomorrow, but that trip you had in 1990 (people will call this stupid, but you MUST remember that one trip that was on-time when you visited your family to thanksgiving or christmas, coming home from college, visiting grandparents, going to see snow for the first time...).

Bring back the mood, the mood will bring moral, the moral will be felt by passengers, who will spend. You might actually change the mind of some people like CO Lite who won't fly on personal trips, but may flight for business.
One key can unlock many doors

hkgspotter1

Sat Nov 17, 2001 10:11 am

Two flights on UA was enough for me, the service SUCKS.

coyoteguy

Sat Nov 17, 2001 10:11 am

Sorry to be cynical, but what else would you expect a UAL press release to say?

VirginA340

Sat Nov 17, 2001 11:23 am

NWA is kicking their butts on the transpac routes to Japan and China. They lucked out on SYD since it's either them or Qantas nonstop from LAX.
"FUIMUS"

RE: U N T I E D Is Coming Back!

Sat Nov 17, 2001 11:33 am

United is gonna get kicked in the rear by NWA. United is scared of even the smallest airlines, like Frontier.

ILUV767

Sat Nov 17, 2001 11:41 am

HkgSpotter1 wrote:
Two flights on UA was enough for me, the service SUCKS.

What was it that made the service suck? I've had mostly positive experiences on UA. Maybe its that you expect too much?

CO Lite wrote:
United is gonna get kicked in the rear by NWA. United is scared of even the smallest airlines, like Frontier.

UA aint scared of Frontier. You should try backing up your post with facts. Exactly how much is UA scared of Frontier?

I L U V 7 6 7

NWA ARJ

Sat Nov 17, 2001 11:46 am

United is terrible. The flight attendants are rude and the two flights I have flown with them the food has been cold. I will never fly united again. I like Northwest everything they do is great and the are one of the only airlines turning profit anymore.
Nightmare 68, Fargo Tower, Runway 36, Fly Runway Heading, Mantain 10,000, Cleared For Takeoff, Change To Departure

yeeha

Sat Nov 17, 2001 11:46 am

Good to hear...................

Sat Nov 17, 2001 11:49 am

I didnt think UAL ever left.

The Coachman

Sat Nov 17, 2001 12:49 pm

If they want to bring back the Friendly Skies campaign, they'll need to improve inflight, inter-personal service. Because there will be some mighty disappointed customers who will hate UA even more...

The Coachman
M88, 722, 732, 733, 734, 73G, 73H, 742, 743, 744, 752, 762, 763, 772, 773, 77W, 320, 332, 333, 345, 388, DH8, SF3 - want

transswede

Sat Nov 17, 2001 12:54 pm

I have had many bad experiences with United as well, although mostly with ground personell.

They half-jokingly used to say that they probably ended the "Fly the friendly skies" campaign because it no longer was true, and they were afraid to be sued for misleading advertising.

To survive, United needs to reinvent itself, from the ground up.

serge

Sat Nov 17, 2001 1:13 pm

All the United flights I have been on the FAs have been nothing but cheery and helpful, on an A320 from LGA - DEN, I even got my own row of three seats Big grin Food has been what I expect from an airline and all flights seem to be on time. What else can you want?

...Serge

Sat Nov 17, 2001 1:50 pm

I agree NWA ARJ.

AA737-823

BEG To Differ

Sat Nov 17, 2001 2:02 pm

NWA ARJ, you are absoluetly incorrect. Northwest is NOT turning a profit. Don't you remember that very recent quarter in which only TWO major airlines made money? Yeah? And which two were they? Remember now? I'll help ya out....... one is ochre colored... oops, blue.... and the other airline rhymes with "monumental..."

Give up? More rhymes.... "Soup with LENTILS"

Continental and Southwest.

Also, anyone who thinks that EVERYTHING an airline does is just perfect is clearly JADED. Good song, bad mentality.

I have had great experiences on United. I can compare them to USAir, as a matter of fact. United domestic- IN MY EXPERIENCE (not everyone's, just mine) kicks USAir outta da water.

In short, I have had far better experiences on United than any other airline recently... except Legend, alas, don't get me started.

United has a long way to go. But I will not let them go without defense (you owe me one, FlyUA) while other folks attack them.

I had a bad experience on USAir domestic, followed by a great experience on USAir transatlantic. Therefore, I can't knock them.

That's my twelve cents.

Randy

AirT85

Sat Nov 17, 2001 2:10 pm

Last summer i had my four best flights ever, ok three lol.
PHL-DEN, DEN-BIL, BIL-DEN, DEN-PHL. flightcrews rocked, except one flight attendant on the DEN-BIL leg that looked like Shania Twain but was a real b*tch. Otherwise i had the best flights ever second to the ones i get on USAirways.
-Tony
Why would God make us all so different, if He wanted us to be the same?

flyua

TO: AA737-823

Sat Nov 17, 2001 2:59 pm

Thanks, Randy! I hope to see you on the DFW-IAD flight someday soon.

nwa747-400

Sat Nov 17, 2001 3:12 pm

Actually Northwest Airlines was profitable in July and August and if not for Sept. 11 would have made a good profit for the quarter. HOWEVER they did post a 19million USD PROFIT for Q3. They are making money!

AA737-823

Sat Nov 17, 2001 3:18 pm

You are incorrect. NWA ARJ is right. Northwest made $19 million and Continental only made $3 million.

dragogoalie

Sat Nov 17, 2001 3:20 pm

I have yet to have a bad experience on UAL and yet to have a good experience on NWA. Guess its just all timing and opinion.

--dragogoalie-#88--
Formerly known as Jap. Srsly. AUSTRALIA: 2 days!

N178UA

Sat Nov 17, 2001 4:02 pm

Great news and infact this is only a few of positive news about United in these days...United now really deserve it!

I remember when airlines in trouble, people quickly switch their minds, scared of flying them due to all sort of reasons (cancelling, bad service...). Bue if no one support an ill-fdated airline? They will hardly be there?

HKGSpotter1: Why United sucks? which flight youve been on them?? UA805? UA895? UA1? UA821?? I like to hear more instead just 2 words send United down hell (at least you really give someone never flown United before bad impression)

Also, UA is not been kicked butt by NW. Traditionally NW have a bigger presence in Tokyo and overall Japan Market,

FACT:

NW route out of Tokyo: 17 flight daily
KIX 2
NGO 1
UA route out of Tokyo: 13 flights daily.
KIX 1

HOWEVER, United start non stop out of Taipei, Hong Kong, Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai.....NWA?? They only have a few limited weekly service out of PEK, SHA and ICN to DTW. Not even Daily....and all other Asia Destination remains via Tokyo.

So while NWA still relies heavily on transiting through Tokyo, United is beefing up non stop service...
Peking-Chicago, Shanghai- San Fran, or Seoul -SFO is a few daily examples..

ALSO, if you look hard on stats. published by US DOT:

Out of RPK United have 3,467,363,000 than NW 2,910 623,000 in Asia/pacific market( compare releases last month June).....thats FACT...check DOT if you want to debate.

Fianlly I have to boast United because it is well needed.

I am flying next Sunday 25 NOV
SYD-LAX-ORD-TPA-ORD-SFO-SYD

Sam Chui=N178UA

For more of myself and my flight reviews visit http://www.SamChui.com

geotrash

Red Carpet Club

Sat Nov 17, 2001 6:07 pm

Here's a thought. Could it be that Continental made a profit partly because they serve free drinks in the President's Club? This is one bone I've always had with United. Things like that can make a business traveler like myself forgive a few delays and plunk down several large of someone else's money for 2 dozen plane tickets and an annual membership. *HINT* United, are you listening?

Laugh if you want, but this sort of thing is a tiny investment that IMHO goes a long way toward loyalty with the really frequent fliers. Perhaps as much as Economy Plus does. Speaking of Economy Plus...THAT was a good idea. However it too is bested by Continental, who offers a 1st class upgrade to full-fare passengers when space allows, which I usually am thanks to last minute plans. There's something inherently wrong with having a $1200 ticket in hand and then walking past a half-empty first class section...after being snubbed by the gate agent for having the audacity to ask if there was any room up there. For a $200 ticket I'd understand, but full fare? C'mon!

In fairness, United has made great strides in appealing to the business traveler. Unfortunately, most of them I could care less about. I am however thankful for United's attention to maintenance and I perceive them as a safe airline.

Let none of us forget that in any business, service is where the customer is earned and kept. United needs a D-check in this department.

ILUV767

Sat Nov 17, 2001 6:39 pm

NWA ARJ wrote:

United is terrible. The flight attendants are rude and the two flights I have flown with them the food has been cold. I will never fly united again. I like Northwest everything they do is great and the are one of the only airlines turning profit anymore.

I dont know what crack you've been smoking, but most of the UA f/a's are not rude. You've got to ask your self what you did to make them rude to you?

Boo-Hoo...United's meals are too cold. Bleck. What a load of shit. Im sorry, but anyone who thinks that a cold meal makes or beaks the airline is mistaking. I have been the last one served on many planes, and my meals are warm. I guess you'll be happy with NWA's bagle breakfast, where cream chese isnt served. You know how they load the galley on those flights? They upload a plastic bin with 100 bagles in it. Yummy. So, remember while you get your bagle on NWA, UAL will give you a meal.

I L U V 7 6 7

Sat Nov 17, 2001 7:05 pm

Let's see: they've reduced the meal service on trans-cons, at least from PHL.

On PHL-DEN, I got a rock-hard breakfast burrito. No video, which would be okay, except the only magazines were "Rob's Boats" or something similar.

DEN-PHL, no meal on a 3.5 hour flight, no reason given. When we landed ON TIME, we still had to wait for a gate for 40 minutes, and the attendants didn't come out of the galley once until we were at the gate. On AIRTRAN, they served us drinks while we waited.

On DEN-MTJ, the express flight was dirty and the flight attendant was rude.(note: I count express because AirWis is contracted by UA, they wear a UAX livery which the average pax can't tell the difference between, etc.)

777-500er

Sat Nov 17, 2001 9:54 pm

UA is the way to go! UA is the best! God bless UA.

Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Michael SFO
 Smile/happy/getting dizzy

RE: U N T I E D Is Coming Back!

Sat Nov 17, 2001 10:00 pm

I Agree with Co Lite. Untied AirLIES needs to get their show back on the road.

ContinentalCLE

Sun Nov 18, 2001 12:39 am

hahahahaha

seven_fifty7

Sun Nov 18, 2001 3:40 am

If you'd notice, most of these young UA bashers on this thread are avid NorthWORST fans (beats me why). I'm willing to bet that the guy above made up the story of "cold food." Plus, I'll bet my right toenail that the other guys probably have never ever stepped foot on a UA plane in their lives.

Nonetheless, I think these kids are still a little hot under the collar for that very popular "I'm Fed Up With NW" thread a couple of weeks ago. (You know. The guy that was pissed off because he didn't get anything to eat except pretzels in FC for 2.5 hours). WOULD ANY OTHER MAJOR CARRIER TREAT THEIR FIRST CLASS PAX THAT WAY???

See, these lunatics that salivate over that sorry excuse for an airline are just pissed that NW is THE ONLY MAJOR CARRIER THAT STILL DOESN'T EVEN SHOW INFLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT OF ANY KIND ON THEIR DOMESTIC FLIGHTS.

Long story short, Northwest has earned the dubious title of "worse major airline" for so many years, that its fans are hell bent on trying to pass that title off to any other carrier. Any carrier. And because UA has lost a lot of $$ recently, they think this somehow has to translate into UA being a bad carrier. So I guess they think it's logical to come here and bash that great airline.

But sorry folks...

UA STILL carries far more pax than NW.
UA STILL shows inflight entertainment (unlike NW).
UA STILL is the only carrier that offers inflight movies for free to all passengers.
UA STILL offers better legroom than NW.
UA STILL has a much superior route network than NW ever had.
UA STILL has a much younger fleet than NW (well, everyone does, right?)
UA STILL is in the most powerful global alliance than NW's pitiful KLM & CO scheme.

And, at least UA's fellow partner airlines (LH, AC, BM, SQ, TG, etc) DO NOT hate UA like the employees of KLM and CO hate Northwest. I wonder why.

So get off of it kiddies. Don't try to pass off NW's reputation onto the lap of UA. It just won't work because it isn't true.

Northwest will always have that reputation of poor service.

Everyone knows it, and so do you.

Bicoastal

Sun Nov 18, 2001 4:07 am

I, too, have nothing but positive things to say about United. Unlike some of the inexperienced and less traveled 16 to 20 year old NW fans, I'm a top frequent flyer of United and have the experience to know how good they are. Judging from a couple of flights is no way to reach a conclusion.

And....UA has Channel 9, From the Cockpit.
Airliners.net has many forums. It has spell check and search functions. Use them before posting!

AerLingus

Sun Nov 18, 2001 4:31 am

Re: SEVEN_FIFTY7:

-The number of pax. UA carries has nothing to do with high quality of service, which they don't have either way.
-NW DOES show inflight entertainment, so get your facts straight.
-The NW movie is free, with the exception of headphones, which is not uncommon to most airlines.
-Legroom depends on aircraft variant, not just airline.
-With their cooperative service partners, NW outdoes UA on virtually every aspect of Pacific route networking.

Northwest not only offers partnerships with CO and KLM, but they offer partnerships with Air China, Alaska Air, Alitalia, Malaysia Airlines, JAS, Hawaiian Air, and Braathens.

And now on the offensive:

You bring into play the thread in which a passenger only got pretzels on a flight. Well, perhaps you will recall the occasion in which a passenger had a heart attack on a UA transpac flight and not a single flight attendant lifted a finger to do anything? WHO in their right mind would overlook this?! Let's see, pretzles...or sitting next to a corpse for ten hours. Pretzels, corpse, pretzles, corpse. Umm...I think I'll have to go with the pretzles, thank you.

United's reputation for service has become far worse than that of NWA and you know that.
Get your patchouli stink outta my store!

flyua

Sun Nov 18, 2001 4:36 am

It's so comforting to hear a little good news about United these days, and to hear positive stories from other airliners.net users, as well!

Still, I have to say there are positive things about Northwest, too: their employees. Over my short six-years now with United, I've gotten to know quite a few Northwest people. Some of them have devoted 30+ years to their company (Hughes, Republic, etc.), and their hard work earns my respect. In fact, I think Northwest's smaller size compared to United helps foster at least a tiny bit more "community" and feeling of togetherness for their staff than will probably ever be possible at United. Northwest people have been through it all, and they've survived. I still wish them the best, while my heart is now with my own here at United.

In other NW vs. UA news, one of my Northwest connections just told me that they're planning to open an Airbus A319/320 pilot base in NRT for future increases in intra-Asia flying. Where will they go with this?? I'm green with envy!

RE: U N T I E D Is Coming Back

Sun Nov 18, 2001 5:29 am

Just visit Untied.Com and read on... United is awful. Northwest has always treated me better than United. And they have better hubs too, unlike CONGESTED ORD, CONGESTED IAD, etc, while NWA has MEM, DTW (With a new terminal...DUH) and MSP. As far as Untied Express, NWAirlink does not cancel flights every day like Air Wisconsin, and they don't use crap planes like D328s. I flew Untied Express (UFS) and the BAe-ATP was absolutely the worst plane, with the toilets overlfllowing, and busted seats. NWA offers gate displays with up to the minute screens regarding the flight, Untied still has the old magnet signs. NWA offers one type of Economy Class, and is equal. They don't separate higher class Y/C flyers from one way/leisure flyers in Y/C.

On the American side, they offer jetbridges for ALL ERJ's in ORD, while Untied Express makes you go out into the freezing cold at ORD. They are so cheap they use rundown gates in the F concourse to expand, rather than reconstruct their existing facilities like AA Eagle. Their staff are so horribly rude, their flights are late. In fact, only 36% of their flights were ontime in August 2000. There is far better carriers than United.

Sun Nov 18, 2001 6:21 am

SEVEN_FIFTY7,

I have been on United a lot and there flights were late for 5 hours, meanest airline crew, the most disgusting food ever. I will never set foot on them again.

saxman66

Sun Nov 18, 2001 7:59 am

I just went on United for the first time, and they seemed just fine. Flights and ORD's and DEN's terminal were pretty busy. I was glad to see that.

Chris
Ride Amtrak!

penguinflies

Sun Nov 18, 2001 8:35 am

re:36% of flights on time

Everyone has a bad time during negoiations (remember nwa's pilot's strike in summer 1998?) They stopped flying, then their commuters stopped flying, then congress wanted the commuters to fly empty planes that connect EAS airports to hubs that don't have the mother carrier flying.
&
AA pilot's actions against the Reno purchase.

I'm not saying these actions were right/wrong, but they are the PAST. To hold up Aug 2000 and say "SEE! UA IS BAD" is like saying "SEE! NWA's Pilots strike in '98 IS BAD"

AA at ORD is a competitive issue. What's happening there is something totally different. Try to fly to SPI from ORD though... AA use to do it till it said smaller communities could not support RJ ops. UA will do the same. Say good-bye to air service @ UIN, SPI, PIA, & DEC.

Most smaller airlines do offer a "First-up" (TWA and CO come to mind) for a full-fare coach to first transition.

Econ+ on UA was bested by AA MRTC, I would agree on that. UA was the first though (i see a battle brewing).
CO bucked the trend because Gordon said "why take out seats when you have extrememly full aircraft going out?"

OCT 2001 Stats from the DOT (though i won't trust them as far as i could throw the shredded paper it's printed on)
LF: 63.4% 2000-71.1% (overall) N.America LF-65.8
RPM: 7.8 billion 2000-10.9 billion
On-time: 80%

Go UA...(even though I am flying only AA for the next three months..but that's ANOTHER Story)

N178UA

Sun Nov 18, 2001 9:19 am

NW is putting some thin body A319 into Asia market...implications??? They must doig pretty bad..

you know what...from most Japanese traveller's mouth, Ive heard they think Northwest is nothing but an very ordinary airline, NW equipment out of Narita is the oldest in all airline operated into NRT(some B742B are older than IranAir B74L in NRT)...why people choose to fly NW sometimes??? .....Because theyre cheap fare available!

Why a traveller want to go to Denver or Dallas, have to travelled backtrack via DTW or MSP??? Obviously NW don't even have a proper hub in West Coast!

I would love to debate over and over how NW is NOT superior to United. The 3 Major US airline always remain, United, American and Delta, and Northwest...far from it.

Sam Chui

Sun Nov 18, 2001 9:36 am

Well, with delays of 5 hours, lost luggage, bad customer service, bad management, dirty hubs, congested hubs, and on and on, United is not my choice.

N178UA

Sun Nov 18, 2001 9:56 am

United Forever!

nwa747-400

Sun Nov 18, 2001 10:12 am

I don't think anyone really wants to debate NW vs UA. This thread wasnt about that at all. Someone mentioned that NW lost money in Q3 and a few people corrected them. How this turned into NW vs UA is beyond me.

I just flew NW last night and it was another safe, clean, ontime, with my bags trip as I have come to expect. With fares as low as they are and flights of only an hour who would expect more than a drink and pretzels anyway. Even on longer flights....if I have saved lots of money on the fare, I don't mind bringing my own food that I WANT TO EAT vs whatever the airline decides to serve me. NW is being very smart. Save money now, or don't have an airline later!

FLY THE RED TAILS!!!

DouglasDC8

Sun Nov 18, 2001 10:16 am

AerLingus wrote:
"Well, perhaps you will recall the occasion in which a passenger had a heart attack on a UA transpac flight and not a single flight attendant lifted a finger to do anything?"

When did this occur? I don't recall hearing anything about it? Please post the details, Thanks.

Sun Nov 18, 2001 10:19 am

To Sevenfifty_7:

I used to like UA. I flew them when I could. I do not fly them anymore due to several reasons, including my bad experiences, AirTran and the Prestige Pack on CO.

Being a NW fan is completely and utterly false for me. I have never traveled on NW, mainly because my flights don't require it.

One thing that they are doing right is starting up the new apology letter for elite members where they get a letter within 24 hours if their flight was severely delayed or canceled, and if it was bad enough, an upgrade certificate.

BTW: They said that they achieved a 100% completion day on November 11. That is the first in TWO YEARS.

Sun Nov 18, 2001 11:11 am

I agree with NWA747-400 about meals. I think meals should not be used to defend an airline. They are usually awful anyways. And the drink and pretzels is the typical fare on most carriers these days. I want to get there safely, on-time, on a clean plane, and with my bags.

Sun Nov 18, 2001 12:27 pm

I do not fly...I spend time with my friends at United!

seven_fifty7

Sun Nov 18, 2001 12:52 pm

>>Well, with delays of 5 hours, lost luggage, bad customer service, bad management, dirty hubs, congested hubs, and on and on, United is not my choice.<<

"Dirty hubs?" "congested hubs", delays of up to 5 hours? Now I KNOW yur smokin' some serious crack. I been thru ALL of UA's spotlessly clean hubs and NOT ONE of 'em can compare to that farty-smelling shithole of a place called "DTW". --I think they've apparantly had a severe sewage problem each of the few times I've connected there in '98 and 2000. Anyway, what hub for any airlineisn't congested??? So what are you talkin' about.

And don't get us started on that fiasco at Detroit in the winter of '99. You know the one... where pax were left on planes for 8 FULL hours during the snowstorm! ...ONLY ON NORTHWEST.

How 'bout an airline that only offers pretzels IN FIRST for a 2 hour flight....ONLY ON NORTHWEST.

And as for UA's ontime rate, where've you guys been? UA's reliability has rebounded since the pilot slowdown summer of 2000. Check your DOT stats.

So, Co Lite, as usual, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. We don't wanna hear from you. So you can get lost now.

DouglasDC8 posted:
>>AerLingus wrote:
"Well, perhaps you will recall the occasion in which a passenger had a heart attack on a UA transpac flight and not a single flight attendant lifted a finger to do anything?".....When did this occur? I don't recall hearing anything about it? Please post the details, Thanks.<<

DouglasDC8, Mr. Aer Lingus won't be able to provide any details to that because he twisted the whole story. He's talking about an instance where this passenger queitly died during the flight and no one noticed. Even the pax seated around him assumed he was asleep (he had actually already died). It wasn't until landing and at the gate at Narita that pax and crew realized that something was wrong; he was the only one that didn't get up from his seat when it was time to disembark!

Now it's time to correct AerLingus, yet again:

>>-The NW movie is free, with the exception of headphones, which is not uncommon to most airlines.
-Legroom depends on aircraft variant, not just airline.<<

Duh. When we talk about free movies with UA, what we're referring to *ARE* the free headphones. Duh! UA is the only carrier that offers them. FOR FREE, Mr. rocket scientist. And as far as legroom, nooooo, it doesn't depend on "aircraft variant." It depends on if you're a carrier with "Economy Plus" or "More Room Throughout Coach," neither of which NW offers anything like.

Again, kids. Everyone knows NW is riddled with bad customer service. Don't try to toss that reputation onto UA's lap. Find another carrier to vent your fruitless frustrations on.

(Gosh, I can't even believe I actually have to compare lowly NW with mighty UA to clueless adolescents).

This is bizarre.

Sun Nov 18, 2001 1:02 pm

SEVEN_FIFTY7 said: "How 'bout an airline that only offers pretzels IN FIRST for a 2 hour flight....ONLY ON NORTHWEST."

Yes and also on United, American, Delta, America West.